• 291AC0F5-9255-42F7-9349-AF8963225851.jpeg
    291AC0F5-9255-42F7-9349-AF8963225851.jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 600

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Wow.... Nice art work - but I’m not a fan of “Ink” or “hardware” so......

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Wow.... Nice art work...

No argument there...but, I have yet to run across anyone whose physical looks or wardrobe were enhanced by tattoos...especially women.

E.g.: Picture that young lady in a strapless evening gown at some gala or soiree...then picture her wearing the same gown at the same event sans tattoos.

Or, better still; picture her in her fifties or sixties attending a similar event wearing a similar gown while still sporting those tattoos. (I'd bet by then those GTs would, at the very least, need some extensive 'detailing'.)

Yeah, I know; 'very sexist and judgmental of me, huh...but, I'm entitled to be that way 'cause I'm so darned purfeckt my own darned self...

Edit: At least she didn't go this route:

eyJpdSI6IjdkYTlkYTM3N2YzM2M5ZmY1NmEwMDVmMTE4YmI2NzUzYTkwMWU4ZDY4MWZhNTFmNzUwNDZjZWU0ZTlkN2MzZjUiLCJ3IjoxMzIsImgiOjc0LCJkIjoxLjUsImNzIjowLCJmIjowfQ.jpg

Last edited:

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Tats are nothing more than wearable art, Larry...the appreciation of which is a highly subjective issue.

I don’t have any tats, but my daughter has a beautifully rendered version of the purple tree from the Robin Williams movie “What Dreams May Come” tatted on her left thigh.

Being an artist and musician myself, I endorse wearable art and attempt to wear some every day...have a sizeable collection of Jerry Garcia neckties that I wear to work.

Ya gotta have art!!!

Cheers from Doug

Mike Pass

Supporter
It's just the permanent ink bit that I don't understand. Why fix it it so it has to be lasered off with attendant smell of burning flesh and weeks of pain.
I mean what if you decide you like the GT40 Mk2 best and you have just been branded with a Mk1? Quelle horreur!

Cheers
Mike

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Wow.... Nice art work...

No argument there...

..I endorse wearable art and attempt to wear some every day...have a sizeable collection of Jerry Garcia neckties that I wear to work.

'BIGGGGGGGGGGGGG DIFFERENCE between 'detachable' (if you will), "wearable art" that one can change every day OR completely remove anytime at one's whim and forget about...and "art" that amounts to what reality dictates is "PERMANENT art" one is forced to wear day-after-day for life no matter where one happens be, no matter what the occasion may be (formal or informal), no matter in whose company one may be, and no matter if said art may be/IS/would likely be deemed 'offensive' by the standards of any reasonable person who may see it.

Therein lies my baseline 'issue' with tats.

JMPO. YPO obviously differs.

But, like I said; at least she (the GT40s gal [...obviously your daughter as well for that matter]) didn't go this route:

eyJpdSI6IjdkYTlkYTM3N2YzM2M5ZmY1NmEwMDVmMTE4YmI2NzUzYTkwMWU4ZDY4MWZhNTFmNzUwNDZjZWU0ZTlkN2MzZjUiLCJ3IjoxMzIsImgiOjc0LCJkIjoxLjUsImNzIjowLCJmIjowfQ.jpg

Again I say, 'We all have choices, some turn out to be a long life of explaining themselves over and over.' Daily I see examples of 'poor choices made' in courtrooms or partners for life.
Nice art, but it would look better on a wall.... framed.

Imagine if you were stuck with kipper ties, flared trousers, tie dye, etc for life.

Sorry but wearable to me means you can take it off & throw it away when it gets scruffy or out of fashion !!

Regards Steve

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
But she drives a Cobra?

Attachments

• Cobra tatoos.jpg
    Cobra tatoos.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 481
  • cobra tattos.1.jpg
    cobra tattos.1.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 516