GT40 North America

Ron Earp

Admin
What happened to GT40 North America? I had someone ask me about the company this AM and I didn't have any information to tell them. I don't know the entire story with the company, it was complicated, but it appears that the company has gone out of business. Any other info?

Ron

I still have the yellow car ,chassis #4,,,,but don't have the typing skills to write all I know.
Haven't heard from them in over a year now.

The last time I was at the shop was May of 04.
At the time they had finshed car number 6, I think or maybe 7.
Shortly after that, Derrick Walker's shop stopped building them and I heard that the molds/tooling were sitting at C&R radiator across the street.

I tried calling Buddy a number of time since then (as he was the only one who truly seemed to care more about the cars, then B/S & marketing hype) ,,,,,but no one ever returned my calls.

I think it might have something to do with the two page fax I sent them listing all the thousand of dollars and hundreds of hours, I spent sorting out and fixing my car into one that was finally driveable & dependable.
They asked what I thought, so I was honest & sent them a list of all the things I had to straighten out on my car.
Nothing really too major,,,,just alot of overlooked details, (like a/c drains that ran uphill,,,,and dash the was not secured, and no a/c vents hooked up, and nothing to stop the nose & tail sections from hitting the ground when opened),,,,,,you know "little things" that I suppose are too much to expect from a car costing over $100K. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I did also get a phone call recently, from a Gent in California ( I believe) who "almost" bought one that was at the Pebble beach show. I understand he stopped payment on the check and sent the car back when it arrived, once he had a chance to troroughly inspect it.
Funny how I was able to "predict" nearly every single thing he found wrong with his almost car.

At least mine is now sorted and a nice driver. Too bad I can't afford to keep it. Heck, I can't afford to sell it either, but am going to have to &move on.

ooops, had to edit for spelling.....told you I was a bad typer.

Back