An idea for F1?

We used to have stock car figure 8 races years ago, but they are purpose built full on contact cars, to do it in a saloon car is damn right dangerous.

kaspa

Keith

Yes, I didn't think it was a unique idea but I have never seen it before. As a spectator sport it doesn't have many equals! I also noticed that in 1 minute 45 secs there was only one glancing contact but I should imagine the risk of collision increases as the drivers get complacent later on in the 'race'. Carnage more like it!

John, not surprised at all that this has been done in Oz! I am generally not a fan of almost deliberately destroying a decent car - too many classics have gone to an early grave this way..

Those are North Carolina round-abouts. Seriously, we have 2 intersection in this state that are made of double 'X' intersections. The road surfaces are 3-4 lanes wide each direction. One 'X' is approximately 400 meters from the other 'X'. Each X has a red light per lane (many red lights). You enter from the right and transition into the oncoming left hand lanes. The left lane peels of into a 130 degree left turn onto the Interstate entry lane The first time I went through it was at night and raining. I mean to tell you, this is the home of NASCAR and the drivers are pretty good, but this exchange will get your attention. For those who travel in the area it is at the Asheville airport.

Our stock cars are a little different to what you have in the States, full contact no holds barred.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6jAl6NkKBE

here are some Teams racing high lites 4 cars in each team, usualy 1 runner and 3 blockers in each, 1st car over the line wins for the team. not for the feint hearted, they hit bloody hard.

kaspa

Keith

Our stock cars are a little different to what you have in the States, full contact no holds barred.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6jAl6NkKBE

here are some Teams racing high lites 4 cars in each team, usualy 1 runner and 3 blockers in each, 1st car over the line wins for the team. not for the feint hearted, they hit bloody hard.

kaspa

Seeing as it was held in NZ, I was quite surprised to see the number of Union Flags flying around the circuit and displayed on the car roofs. What gives?

PS it looked like loads of fun! :thumbsup:

PS it looked like loads of fun!

i dont know about fun, but there bloody expensive, an A grade car would set you back 50 grand pluss, and maintenance is also up there,

cheers john

Back