The Grand Tour 6. Ford/Ferrari and GT40

Mike Pass

Supporter
On Episode 6 of The Clarkson/Hammond/May show The Grand Tour on Amazon about 3/4 of the way through there is an interesting piece on the Ford/Ferrari battle and the GT40. There is no mention of Eric Broadley and the Lola Mk6 but Ken Miles gets his due credit. There is some nice footage and May drives Claude Nahum's Mk2 that came in third in 1966. I have attached a pic of Claude and his Mk2 that I took at this year's Le Mans Classic. Great guy to chat to and a true enthusiast who also has a Mk1 in Strathaven livery and a Gelscoe replica of 1075.
Well worth a watch.
Cheers
Mike

Attachments

• Claude Nahum and 19966 3rd place GT40 Mk2.jpg
    Claude Nahum and 19966 3rd place GT40 Mk2.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 2,792

Ron Earp

Admin
Thanks for the heads up! I'll give that one a watch.

I watched the first episode yesterday while doing some computer work. Overall I was just "meh" about it, but I need to give it a chance.

I too had the pleasure of speaking to Mr. Nahum at Amelia Island. Agreed, very nice man with a stunning collection of 40's.

Mike Pass

Supporter
Beautiful car Jim. You have excellent taste. Love your projects. How about a GT40ish body shape on a modern chassis? Keep up the good work.
Cheers
Mike

Beautiful car Jim. You have excellent taste. Love your projects. How about a GT40ish body shape on a modern chassis? Keep up the good work.
Cheers
Mike

Thanks! I think Ford is doing that with the new GT.

Best

PS should any of you get to the N 24 do say hello!

Thanks for the heads up! I'll give that one a watch.

I watched the first episode yesterday while doing some computer work. Overall I was just "meh" about it, but I need to give it a chance.

I saw the first episode and did not like it. The next episodes it gets better. their chemistry together is funny. There is an episode that they built 3 cars (bones, clay and vegetation)

Back