Jim Pace - two laps in a 1966 GT40 MKII onboard at VIR

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
He identified it as a "66" Superformance GT40 (IOW a replica)...and, as you're probably aware, they can be ordered in either LH or RH drive. ;)

Oh that old chestnut!
Right hand drive or wrong hand drive!

He also identified it as a small block so not politically correct in a MK2

Still great to see and hear a GT40 being driven at pace

Ian

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Far from original replica to close to original replica : You're not original!

Captain-Picard-Facepalm.jpg

Really enjoyed watching a 40 being driven hard by a pro. The commentary added to my enjoyment as well. He did all he could to give insight to what its like to drive at speed right down to "take a breath" while on the straight and "check your gauges."

Thanks for posting this.

Puzzled - what's so tough about calling a replica a replica? Is that really a 1966??

If so, kudos to the driver for driving the snot out of a $3,000,000 car! Great video.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Replica vs Real... it's a boring topic bantered about by generally the same people arguing Trump vs Clinton. Many of the "real" GT40s have been wadded up and repaired to the point that few of the parts they raced with in the 60's remain. Since SPF is the only manufacture making something close to the original at an affordable price, they get the lion share of hate from those with nothing better to do than whine on the internet. Nothing tough about it.

Far More Important: Mr. Pace is an overall winner at the 24 Hours of Daytona and the 12 Hours of Sebring and has competed in the 24 Hours of LeMans. He isn't simply some "hot shoe" - he is well known for his on-board commentary and simple descriptions that almost befit his Mississippi roots. Its rather refreshing to me to see/hear a humble like persona from such an accomplished drive who is so very well respected.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Replica vs Real... it's a boring topic bantered about by generally the same people arguing Trump vs Clinton. Many of the "real" GT40s have been wadded up and repaired to the point that few of the parts they raced with in the 60's remain. Since SPF is the only manufacture making something close to the original at an affordable price, they get the lion share of hate from those with nothing better to do than whine on the internet. Nothing tough about it.

Mike,

Excuse me? I'm simply asking if it's an original or a replica being driven hard in the vid clip as the introduction is confusing - it's a simple and rational question.

Hate? Who said anything about hate? Other than you, that is.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Yes Cliff I'm sure you were not able to deduce whether the car was an original or not and certainly had no idea it was Dennis' car. You've not been around on this forum long enough to know that sort of information inherently. Turning off the sarcasm now... there is another active thread on the site regarding a GTD chassis. The car has a FAV chassis plate attached. Not one of you is over there making snide remarks about not realizing that GTD was not made by FAV. Jealousy is a bitch I guess...

Mike, I have no idea who "Dennis" is or what car "Dennis" owns/drives....nor do I have any idea what you're talking about with regard to some GTD/FAV connection. Sorry.

So far you've accused me of "hate" and "jealous." Next it'll be I'm gay and a communist.

Last edited:
Back