GT40 Chassis Numbers

Hi!
Could anyone help me with the chassis numbers of the following cars:
- White w/ green stripes nº12 at the 2003 Monterey Historics
- Blue w/ white stripes nº40 at the 2003 Monterey Historics
- Blue metalic w/ silver stripes at 2003 Le Mans Legends and Tour de France Auto
- White w/ blue and red stripes at 2003 Le Mans Legends
- Yellow w/ white strpes at 2003 Peeble Beach
I'd like these chassis numbers to organize my collection of photographies.
Thank you for your help.

As listed in the program:

- White w/ green stripes nº12 at the 2003 Monterey Historics
GT40P 1037

- Blue w/ white stripes nº40 at the 2003 Monterey Historics
P/1024

According to both Spain and Legate, 1037 was last reported to be yellow and owned by Don Marsh. However, according to the program it is now owned by Tom Mabey of Bountiful, UT.

For the two European cars take a look at the many Goodwood threads on this and other sites as I'm sure both cars would have been there too - there's bound to be full details

Steve,

1024 has been maroonish-red with #40 for many years. Are you saying it was repainted blue?

Is nothing sacred anymore? :grin:

Have fun!

John

All I know is the #40 car listed in the program is P/1024, entered by David Cohen of W. Vancouver, B.C.

The description of P/1024 in Legate's book says:

Sold via Shelby American to Dr Al Whatley, Las Vegas. Blue/white stripe...
Purchased by historic racer (and Lola T70 authority) Nigel Hulme. Hulme persuaded to part with it by Brian Angliss of Autokraft (producer of the Cobra MkIV). Red with dark tinted windows...
Sold to Peter Livanos ans then to David Cohen of South Africa. Moved with him to Canada in 1990.

I don't know about its color currently, but at the 25th Anniversary Watkins Glen event in 1989, #1024 was red. I chatted briefly with the owner. Also, a friend in the UK road tested this car when Brian Anglis had it up for sale, and it was red at that time.

Thanks guys. I sat in # 1024 to take interior measurements. I also saw it get wrecked at Portland International Raceway (not too badly damaged-thank goodness). :crazy:

Have fun!

John

Back