1080 Completed

Some shots of 1080 completed with roundels and original sponsor logo's.

Attachments

• 55347-np1compress.jpg
    55347-np1compress.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 373
Looks stunnning Gary, you must be very pleased.

So when is its first outing ?

I have a quick question for you. In another thread there is a link to the web site from when it was offered for sale. There is a picture of the inside, and I can't figure out what the square thing is to the left of the dials. Is it a set of electrical trips set in the dash, or what ?

I could be going daft, but I don't recall seeing this on other cars.

Cheers,
John.

The "box" is a fuse panel, I have seen this same arrangement on other Gulf Spec cars. See photo.

Attachments

• 55373-dashcompressed.jpg
    55373-dashcompressed.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 372
That is just fabulous Gary. I am really looking forward to seeing you and the car on the track.

Rob

Gary, the picture of P1080 in John Allen's book (GT40 The Legend Lives On) shows the spare wheel cover has what looks like a black triangular cut out, possible a vent or graphic in the middle and a modified shape. I've always wondered about that and not sure if you might know.

Mark, the car i sheaded to the US very soon and will take part in the SHelby Convention in Fontana. After that it will head back to Cobra Automotive and we may do some races including Watkins Glen. From there she will head over to me in Japan where we will do the Japan Le Mans race and then after that she will go back to England to start preparation for next years Classic Le Mans in France.

Unsure what you mean re the spare wheel cover. The car has had many odd front clips but rest assured it is now as it should be.

Back