From 'The Avengers' With Love

From \'The Avengers\' With Love

In the episode of "The Avengers" called "From Venus With Love" a GT40 made a brief appeance at the end of the show. The car was painted silver and the nose of the car was slightly modified so a "laser" could emerge.

The episode first aired January 14, 1967, so it probably was an original GT40 (the details look correct). Does anyone know which car it was?

Re: From \'The Avengers\' With Love

Here's a picture of Emma Peal (Diana Rigg) discovering the car.

Attachments

• 75848-venus1.jpg
    75848-venus1.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 1,162

Nose of the car, you can see how it was modified for the "laser". It looks like the NACA ducts and the lower lights were masked before painting.

Attachments

• 75849-venus2.jpg
    75849-venus2.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,209

Close up of Ms. Peel examining the car.

Behind her you can see the trumpets of the carbs.

Attachments

• 75850-venus3.jpg
    75850-venus3.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 859

The "laser" emerges.

If you look carefully inside the nose you can see the top of the windscreen washer bottle, the wiper motor and the brake line fittings.

Attachments

• 75851-venus4.jpg
    75851-venus4.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 925

Last picture (I don't remember where I found them).

Ms. Peel looks puzzled.

Attachments

• 75852-venus5.jpg
    75852-venus5.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 995

Looks like there is a LeMans light on the right rear corner so maybe P1017?, although several had these lights. She was a babe, and the car looked good too.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter

She was one of the parents at Wycombe Abbey School (here in Buckinghamshire) at the same time my eldest daughter was a student there. Saw her quite often - a lot older than the pics above but still 'a babe'.
I wish.................. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like there is a LeMans light on the right rear corner

[/ QUOTE ]
Good catch, I missed that detail.

[ QUOTE ]
She was a babe, and the car looked good too.

[/ QUOTE ]
I figured no one would object to a post of the pictures if Diana Rigg was in them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Keep cool boys, the matter was the car ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nono.gif

Hey a classy chassis will always be a classy chassis /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1poke.gif

what a babe both look better as they get older.she can ride with me anytime i need a co pilot

Please stop kidding and go to do your homework ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beat.gif

boh...maybe cause I am 32....maybe cause I like too much playboy magazine...but think I prefer that american siliconed beauty as Sharon Stone is... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Paolo

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter

Paolo,
esso essere tempo per voi un freddo douch. Questo donna essere vecchio abbastanza essere Sharon Stones madre, ma ancora osserv fantastico.

OK, for all of you that harbor a secret passion for the lovly Emma Peel I have this from todays paper.

The Avengers: the Complete Emma Peel Megaset Collection which contains every episode of the show in which Peel faced the state's enemies with her wits, weapons and sexual innuendo.

16 disks, 51 remastered episodes, plus three socalled lost episodes. This set also contains the memorable "Touch of Brimstone" episode which is the source of all fetish photos of Peel in a spiked dog collar.

Price for the set is listed as US$180.00.

Nuthing to do with me, just saw the article in todays paper.

Peter

Back