I love Trailers...

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
In a glass have full sort'a thread. When Rich Lacy dropped the car I asked him how he tied it down and he showed me the Mac track system he had. They have a couple of types. Has anyone used this or the other aluminum ones?

Macs Custom Tie Downs - Professional Grade Tie-Down Straps, Systems, and Other Gear

He had the car tied down just over the tires and it looked tight with over the tire straps and roller idler. Looked like it would make the pain of tie down much less and possible with the GT40 since not much to hook to.

Here is the other tracks that was what he had in his rig.

Macs Custom Tie Downs - E Track and Fittings

Sandy

I tie mine down over the tyres and it is the best way IMHO doesnt do any damage to the vehicle and you are not compressing the suspension which I always bothered me. I use webbing straps with chains infront and behind the tyres around the trailer.

Regards

I have been using a MAC system in my trailer and love the flexibility. I still have big D-rings at the far ends of the trailer which I also use. The trailer sometimes carries one or two cars of different type so that the weight CG, etc. requires mounting flexibility. The MAC system is great for that. Also if you use the trailer for something else it gives tie down flexibility there.

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
I have e-track in the floor and walls. Great flexibility in transporting any auto. I also used the trailer when I moved to my new home. E-track on the walls was used to tie all furniture and equipment.

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
They do look like the way to go. I have an open aluminum Featherlight trailer and going to have to give them a call as they have 2 types of track (both available in aluminum) but not sure which is better for my application. I like the E-Track, but not sure. Worth a call I would expect.

I should have said I love trailers, just hate hauling them :)

Sandy

Back