Shelby/Cobra/Tiger Club at WISR Oct 27/28, 2007

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Hi All -

The So Cal area Shelby/Cobra club (I never know what to call it) will be at Willow Springs for the Weekend of Oct 27/28th. This is on the big track.

This is an even where you will see a bunch of crazy authentic Cobra's (Lynn Park's got a bunch and his buddies) and a ton of other vintage racers including a bunch of Shelby's, Tiger's (Likely John Morton and his crew), usually some folks shaking out the vintage T/A cars etc.

Also the one of the Sunbeam Tiger Clubs (C.A.T) will be hosting an autocross on the upper deck on the 28th (Sunday) where I'm told all cars are welcome (fees are $40).

Not sure if registration is still open for the Cobra/Big track event, but if you want to check out some nice cars (usually some 40's show too) this is a nice weekend event.

Gate fees are $10 as last I checked for spectators. No free beer, or naked chicks, but weather looks like it will be in the mid 70's (F) so should be a nice weekend which should count for something.

I'll be in attendance with the 65' Fastback (Red with Black hood and deck) if anyone comes by. If any 40's owners do show, I do have ChaseCam video that we can suction cup a camera some where if anyone is interested just give me a holler.

C.A.T Link
Events Page

Sorry for the short notice, been a crazy couple of weeks...

Sandy

My wife and I are arriving late Friday afternoon with my dark blue GTD with a light blue gulf stripe. See you there! The weather forecast looks pretty good.

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Look forward to it, always good to see your car hammer some of the hot shots :)

Sandy

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Bud -

Excellent to see you again at the track. I have some video of your car for about a lap until I had to pass you :D

Good weekend, a couple of 40's but mostly cobras (That must be passed) and a hoard of mustangs.

Video coming soon...

Sandy

We had a great time. Lynn runs a great event. After over a year away from the track, it was great to get back at it!! Your need to pass was very restrained while I was putzing around the track with my little 300hp small block.

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Bud -

300 hp, dang my 'bone stock' 289 is only making 225hp as the Ford specs say, must be the big air filter that helps me ;)

Good event for sure!

Sandy

Back