OK, who was at the Texas mile in their GT40?

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Fess up!! What was your speed?!

(Picture stolen from Ferrarichat.com)

attachment.php

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
His name is John Tiemann and not on this forum, he and his wife do all the open road races in the US, he was at the Big Bend open road race last April, and I also met seen him again at the Nevada Silver State open road race. He and his wife are really good people. His car is an Australian built car and he has it set up for high speed with Porsche transaxle and cooling unit. I believe he got his car from Pete.

John's car is indeed a DRB, and was factory built, specifically for the Open Road race series.

I agree with the good people comment. Helluva nice guy!

I am surprised that he hasn't participated on the forum.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
I think it was one of the first with a full roll cage and American standards in mind ---nearly the same vintage as yours was Bill :blank:

Chris,

John's car was built a year or so after mine. He came to see my car, just before placing his

order with PR. My car was an '01, so his must be an '02/'03. I'm not sure exactly when he

got it finished.

It's a damn shame that John never shared the specs of the car, here on the forum.

From what he told me that he had in mind, it must be pretty spectacular.

The only things I remember about it were a NASCAR style rollcage, 8 stack

injection, stroked 351W, and a Gulf paintjob. I can't recall the rest of his list, but it was

pretty extensive, unlike my memory.

The car does look very sharp in the photos that I've seen of it.

Bill

Ok Chris.

Unless I have a brain fart, it's unlikely that I'll remember any more details.

Wait!!! It's slowly coming back..............Better late than never, I guess.

Add a full fire system, Gurney bubbles, 5pt harnesses, dry sump system, oil & trans coolers, and a Motec to the list.

More to follow, perhaps.

CSI had better get on the case. My brain has a cramp now.

Bill

Back