Le Mans Classic

Hi,
A couple of us are looking to go to the LeMans classic event in July. Just wondering if anybody on the forum has done this event before and can offer any advice on best general tickets and how best to access viewing areas around the track. As we will only have Sat and Sun there, it would be good to get some first hand feedback on how and where to go rather than wander around trying to find things and maybe waste a lot of time.
I will return the favour and post advice from our experience after we get back.
Cheers,
Vince.

I'm pretty sure tickets are general access - check out the website

Le Mans Classic 2010

There are loads of posts & threads from visits in previous years - do a search

Also take a look in the other sections especially the GT40EC who have laps and a dedicated trip

Thanks for the reply.
I've checked out the Le Mans Classic site and it appears that there are admission tickets, parking tickets, paddock area tickets and seats in stands tickets, all priced separately and add up to a fair bit per person. One of my queries is which are really worthwhile or essential?
Obviously a general addmission to get into the track in the first place, but beyond that, what else is really needed to make the most of the weekend?
Over here, your addmission ticket accesses everything, including garages......

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Vince

Yes very worthwhile doing - this will be my 4th visit
And yes it's pricy!

Entrance ticket will get you through the gate

If you want into a stand you need to prebook it (Most are already sold our via clubs that are attending)

If you want to walk around the paddocks you need to prebook

To get a classic car into the circuit you need to prebook

To park a rental outside best to prebook - I believe in 2008 there were 210000 people there

Brilliant historic racing - and be prepared to walk your feet off it is huge and spread out! I still believe the best viewing spot is at Tetre Rouge corner just before Muslanne Straight - can see the Dunlop bridge and esses too!

Food / drink inside the track is really pricy - be prepared to spend!

Advice is prebook to get everything you possibly want

See also http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-enthusiasts-club/28800-le-mans-classic-2010-a.html

Ian

Back