GRRC Easter Sprint at Goodwood

Malcolm

Supporter
Just had a great day out watching Glenn Mason run his Southern GT at Goodwood today. About 8 cars in his class including a few original Cobras, the Fraud Cortina (Chevy 5.7 powered I think) normal and low drag E Types, a Cunningham and a Glescoe GT40 which was lovely and which had recently done the Spa 6 hours, amongst other races.

Congratulations to Glenn for coming first in class. 93.65 seconds from standing start in the pit lane on road tyres. Great effort in a great car.

Yep - was a fun day and nice to see a few familiar faces again.... :) Bloody cold though!!

Well done Glenn and I was SO tempted to ask the owner next door if his was a 'real one'.....:lipsrsealed: but didn't....

A few pics... and some video will come tomorrow after I get my new broadband access connected.

Attachments

• IMG_2769 copy.JPG
    IMG_2769 copy.JPG
    281 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_2783 copy.JPG
    IMG_2783 copy.JPG
    300.4 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_2784 copy.JPG
    IMG_2784 copy.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_2785 copy.JPG
    IMG_2785 copy.JPG
    332.5 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_2791 copy.JPG
    IMG_2791 copy.JPG
    283.6 KB · Views: 307

Glenn M

Supporter
Thanks guys, I was so chuffed to get my first Goodwood Laurel garland.
It was great to see you all too, good of you to brave the biting cold.
There were actually 22 in the class Malc, but I only realised when I saw the final results -it was difficult to see the way the paddock and numbers were arranged.
Also quite pleased with 9th overall (from 81) behind the usual array of Radicals, GT3 cup and Nissan GT-R's.
Thanks for posting the pics Paul, I have some but Tammy's run off with the camera! Doh! Can't believe you chickened out from asking him though!

Thanks again, Glenn

Malcolm

Supporter
The Gelscoe car wasn't there much of the time. Too busy getting the car through noise scrutineering I suspect! It was a nice car though. I like Linden Green as a colour. But the fact that you were both on identical tyres was good for getting a decent comparison on performance.

Glenn M

Supporter
Damn, those silencers are good Paul, can't hear the car over the wind!

Managed to get the camera back, so here are a couple more. I always knew that the central NACA duct had a use!

Glenn

Attachments

• IMG_0340.JPG
    IMG_0340.JPG
    255.9 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_0364.jpg
    IMG_0364.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 379
Gutted I missed this, only live 5 mins away and never gave it a thought it was Easter Monday :embarassed: Looks and sounds great, and what result... I saw Mick in the week and he was certainly pleased :thumbsup:

Came across results today - Well done again, mainly modern powerful 4WD machinery above you and you certainly gave a few quick cars a taste of humble pie.... nice!

Attachments

• Screenshot_29_04_2013_12_01.jpg
    Screenshot_29_04_2013_12_01.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 225
  • GRRC Results April 2013.pdf
    234.9 KB · Views: 354
Back