Webber leaves Vettel racing

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Sorry that should have been red bull racing, Mark has confirmed he will be driving a Porsche LMP car next season. Kimi for red bull?

Not entirely unexpected. Were the roumors of Webber's Red Bull contract renewal simply false, or was some agreement reached?

Sorry that should have been red bull racing, Mark has confirmed he will be driving a Porsche LMP car next season. Kimi for red bull?

I hope Mark finds a competitive drive soon, the clocks ticking and he could end up like Coultard. Always the bridesmaid and never the bride, he deserves much better than that.

Bob

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Not entirely unexpected. Were the roumors of Webber's Red Bull contract renewal simply false, or was some agreement reached?

I didn't see those rumours Jack, he has been on a year to year contract with RB
For some time.
GTBob, he is definitely going to Porsche LMP.

I thought that I had read that somewhere. Hopefully, Mark can make his mark (pun intended) with the Porsche LMP. Good for him!

Last edited:
Should be a cracking combination, it was truly great to see Porsche AG above a garage this year and with a superb class win :thumbsup: I was intending to go to the LM classic instead next year but really torn as a Porsche LMP1 fight with Audi will be too hard to miss...

Lets hope he remembers to leave his wings with Redbull, he has done quite enough flying at Le Mans already :laugh:

Terrifyingly True! he won't need these wings again. Not sure they had the right 'aero' package on this car
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXZaAuyuYmQ"]Mark Webber talks about 1999 Le Mans flip - YouTube[/ame]

I spoke to Mark a few weeks ago, he told me that he has been in discussions with Porsche since last year, the "Multi 21" affair had nothing to do with his decision but certainly did not make him want to reconsider it.

Back