Motor GP Indy - Bees Knees

Keith

Just watched the Indy round of World Moto GP (also Nicky Hayden's last ride for Ducati - has he been fired mid season?) I am not a biker. I used to be, but they hate me and have tried to kill me every time I got on one. But it doesn't stop me appreciating the biking skills of others.

Anyway, what a brilliant race.

Remember, no coaching from pit wall, no team orders just a small sign @ 150mph plus on the main straight. Winner was just 20 years old and it was just amazing competition.

Compare it with those bloated overpaid whingers in F1, well, there is none.

Catch it if you can - it looks fairly routine until the last 5 laps. And Nicky Hayden? Last race for Ducati? Fired mid-season? Home race? Ooooer! :stunned:

What did you think would happen!! :laugh:

Mike Pass

Supporter
Superb stuff with elbows out all round. A really gutsy performance from Cal Crutchlow on what was patently a slower bike. The Hondas still have the best machine but the way Marques was spinning the back tyre in the fast corners and staying on was amazing even if he has got some fancy electronics to help. This and the TT show what is lacking in F1 especially as most of the riders were still carrying injuries.
Cheers
Mike

Keith

Glad someone else caught it = well worth it. You don't really realise the knife edge skill until they show it with those ultra fast frame videos. As you say the controlled slides - amazing. It also occurred to me that here was a totally different technical driving approach here. All that sliding in an F1 car would finish your race in short order especially with those Bertie Basset tyres they're running, but here a controlled slide is the fastest way around the corner - in fact, it doesn't seem to be treated like a corner anymore = more like a Scandanavian flick.

Yes well stoked about Cal's performance too and it was no shame the Doc passed him - what, 7 times world champion on a works bike?

Restored my faith in Motorsport did that... :thumbsup:

US MotoGP: Nicky Hayden confirms Ducati exit
Nicky Hayden has confirmed that he will leave the Ducati MotoGP team at the end of this season.

During the pre-event press conference for his home US Grand Prix at Laguna Seca, the 2006 world champion said:

"I'm not coming back to Ducati in MotoGP next year. They have chosen to go in a different way.

"I really don't know my future to be honest. In MotoGP it doesn't look so good. We don't really know with the new bikes, the new rules, what the possibilities will be. But I do have some options that are interesting.

Back