Vintage Races at COTA-Oct. 25-27

Bob (and others):
I would be glad to meet you at the vintage races. I plan on being there all 3 days. Although my PSL seats are in section 15, row 12 at turn 15, we only use it as a home base and generally wander around the track during the races. I would love to see your friends' GT40 as well as Scott's ad NSXWE's cars. As a Walter Mitty type, I live vicariously through those of you who have more skills and toys than I do. Call me during the weekend if you would like to meet.
John Dewey
Cell: 210.213.3915

Bob:
It looks like I will miss you. One of our employees died (not job related) and I am attending his funeral today. We will be at the races tomorrow and Sunday. Hope you had a good session.
John

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
I don't see any results posted yet from this weekend's race. If anyone knows the Group 5 results, please let us know.

Sorry, Dave. I left after the start of the final Group 5 race and did not see the ending (it was my son's birthday and my wife expected me home for it). Enclosed is a photo of the #6 Superformance Ford in the final Gp 5 race before I left. I have "lots" of other photos, including the paddock if someone is looking for a specific car.

Attachments

• Ford GT 6.jpg
    Ford GT 6.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 254
Here are a couple of other Ford Gts from today. I kept hoping #88 would run (I believe it is an original Ford GT40) but it never left the garage. The Cobra is an original from Legendary Motors and was really fast all weekend. Two Lola T70's were there. One a Ford and another a Chevy.

Attachments

• IMG_4093.jpg
    IMG_4093.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_4262.jpg
    IMG_4262.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_4086.jpg
    IMG_4086.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_4050.jpg
    IMG_4050.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 266

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Here are a couple of other Ford Gts from today. I kept hoping #88 would run (I believe it is an original Ford GT40) but it never left the garage. The Cobra is an original from Legendary Motors and was really fast all weekend. Two Lola T70's were there. One a Ford and another a Chevy.

The Cobra is actually a Kirkham.

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
The #6 Gulf car is Dennis Olthoff's, although someone else may have been driving since I understand he registered his red MKII.

Dennis was driving the heck out of a blue 427 Superformance Cobra.

It was an amazing week of racing...I just need a faster car next time!

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
The #6 Gulf car is Dennis Olthoff's, although someone else may have been driving since I understand he registered his red MKII.

The Gulf MK I is Jim Cullen's car. Dennis services it and hauls it for Jim. Dennis' MK II is still under the weather and he gave the SPF MK III ("Cobra") a workout instead.

Jim Cullen's MK I started out with a Roush-Yates ex-cup motor but Jim decided it was a little too powerful and went to a 5.0 Windsor. He is actually faster now with less power as he is comfortable in the car. I have helped out a little at the Glen events with Dennis on Jim's GT.

Some more pictures from this weekend at COTA.

Attachments

• IMG_4085.jpg
    IMG_4085.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_4089.jpg
    IMG_4089.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_4093.jpg
    IMG_4093.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_4168.jpg
    IMG_4168.jpg