2014, Daytona 24

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
My tickets have arrived!

I'm really looking forward to my trip to Florida.........

While we are waiting for the racing to start, you guys should check out the Dakar Rally, it started yesterday and runs for almost two weeks. They are showing it in the US on the same channel that shows the Grand Prix, and a real treat is that Sam Posey is doing the broadcasts.

I have found the Dakar to be some of the best and most entertaining racing all year, check it out.:thumbsup:

Jim, Unsure if I'll be attending the 24 hours this year but if I'm able would love to meet up somewhere if convenient for you. I only live 2 hours from Daytona but work can get in the way at times. As for the Dakar...couldn't agree more. This event is for the true, hard core racers who are both dare-devils and mad-men. The Isle of Mann TT comes to mind when thinking of the entrants to the Dakar. Great viewing and I'll look for it on TV. 'preciate the tip.

2 Jims,
I live here in Daytona, and for sure will b going to the 500. Hadnt decided about the rolex 24, but would be more than happy to meet up and chat 40s. Scott

More the merrier! Should we plan to meet off-track for lunch or something. It may be more convenient.

Don't know if it's still open but it has changed hands several times the past 10 years.
We'll probably all meet up just off the track, across the street somewhere. Time & place TBD.

Pat

Supporter
We're staying a Perry's Ocean Inn Resort. We normally stay at the Wyndham but we're experimenting with the Grassroots Motorsport package this year.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
I should be landing at DAB around 5:15 Friday evening...........I'll be staying at Perry's as well.

You guys know the area, I'm good with whatever you come up with.

See you soon!

Cheers Jim

Pat

Supporter
I just received a call from Daytona and FYI, The start of the race has been moved up 20 minutes -- to 2:10 p.m. -- to accommodate the network telecast.

Jim, that's the message I left you on your answering machine.

See you then!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Pat,

Thats great, we have 20 minutes less to wait!

I'm really looking forward to seeing you, Debby, Jack and the others......

I'll give you a call early in the week and we can make plans.

See you soon!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Jeff, thats great,

I can see it now, you, me, Veek and Jack.......hand grenades at 50 feet:)

We will definatly have to get together.

Pat

Supporter
If any of you want to share cell phone numbers so we can connect at the track send me a PM and we'll get connected.
Jim, I think we're all set for tomorrow.

Pat

Pat

Supporter
Safe travels Jim.
Weather will be perfect, high 63, low 48 with lots of sunshine.

Here's the schedule if you don't have it.

Attachments

• 2014_R24_comprehensive_schedule_v6pdf.pdf
    204.8 KB · Views: 254

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Well, we are here in Daytona, I just finished a great dinner with Pat and his charming wife Debby.....

Oddly enough, its very cold here, who would have thought.......

Feels like a summer day at Laguna, I'm right at home:)

Can't wait to see the track and race.

Jack, are you around?

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
CA is the only warm spot in the nation, bet Florida Walmarts are sold out of coats. :)

Put plenty of sunscreen on.

Back