DOHC engine specs

I have emailed other forums regarding drawings for the Ford DOHC engine
but no replies.. I am wanting only the external dimensions to do a CAD model for 3D printing as a scale model.
I build museum quality miniatures of race cars and have just finished a Gurney Eagle engine CAD model for printing. It was difficult as I could not find measurements of all the components and had to rely on pictures on the net. I anyone knows where I might find such info, it would be much appreciated.

Im fairly sure that the major short block dimensions are the same as an early 5 bolt 221/260/289 as regards to deck height [ c/l crank to head gasket face], overall length, width, so if you measure up one of those or a 302 windsor block that might help in scaling stuff.
The Indy blocks do have some differences like extra head stud boss's etc.

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
David, I can't help, but many of us here are always interested in work like yours. If you have a website, pls let us know, or keep us up to date on your progress. If you can post some pictures, that would be great.

Dave

David,
First welcome to the forum.....

And to answer your question you may want to contact Jay Cushman do a search for Cushman competition.
He may be able to help you.
Regards,
Mark

Many thanks for the replies.

Tom, yes, you are correct,the Ford 255 DOHC Indy engine from the 1960's is the one I need specs for.

Mark: I emailed Cushman Competition, maybe it was "junkboxed", I'll try again.

Dave Bilyk: If I'm successful, I'll post pics.

Back