Help locating used race tires

I'm trying to find a set of tires for a vintage Lotus 47GT and need advice on where to start looking. I'm not familiar with the current formula and sports car categories. Are 13" dia wheels in use now, and if so which events? My wheels are 13" dia by 7.5" front and 13 by 10" rear. The tires won't be used other than to move the car around the garage and set up the suspension and alignment when I get to that point. Located close to Houston. Texas.
Thanks
John

Go to

apexspeed.com

It is a site for virtually all racing classes in the US and you should find any number of guys who can help you locate anything you need.

Good luck!

I don't know about used tires, but for brand new race tires, Sasco is very helpful (for period GT40 tires, look at their Goodyear Cobra tires).

Good 13" tires for a Lotus 47 are hard to find. I ended up getting a NOS set of Yokohama A048 (205/60R13) for 7.5" rims off of Craigslist. They're street legal, but are intended for use on a dry track (rated for 186mph).

They're discontinued in the US, but they're still available in the UK.

Yokohama Advan A048 Track Tyres - 205/60R13 86H (M-MEDIUM) TL

I'd try Dunlop 'M' section racing tyres. Used in most Historic series and range covers up to 10" wide in 13" diameter, and would give a good period correct look.

Back