Where to buy best...

I'm in the market for a new race helmet and race suit. Pricing varies wildly online, so any suggestions or experiences (good or bad) would be appreciated.

The helmet is for open wheeler use, including HANS clips.

Malcolm

Supporter
I don't know what the requirement for helmet standards/design is down under but it is Snell rating up here in UK. You need to check what rating your circuits/race authority require and get according to that. Snell seem to work on 5 yearly cylces so as one rating comes near to the end of its cycle the prices fall as the helmet will only be accepted for a reduced period of time. The other thing I have noticed is that you don't have to get an expensive helmet to get one with the correct rating. However the cheaper ones tend ot be finished to a lesser quality in comfort and fittings and also may weigh more. Also helmet sizes vary between makes which may cause you to look at differing makes before you buy. If you are happy with all of that then it is just down to how much you wish to spend.

Thanks for the info and tips. I've always used open face helmets, so finding a light, full-face helmet with HANS pins for the right money will be a Google exercise!

Back