Southern GT Scores at Goodwood

Glenn M

Supporter
Another weekend, another sprint at Goodwood! How lucky are we to live near this wonderful circuit?

With perfect weather this week I managed to get into the 91 seconds for a PB and Steal the ‘Fastest V8 Powered Car’ trophy.

Many thanks to Frank Catt and Wealden Engineering for donating the trophy, although I needed a fork lift truck to get it home where it’s already collapsed one table! Notice how I’m struggling to hold it up here with Frank! :sweatdrop:

Attachments

• 20140517_171619small.jpg
    20140517_171619small.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 412

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Well done Glenn! Yes you are lucky living near that wonderful circuit, having driven there last weekend I know how lucky! Well done!
DaveB

Well done Glen, would love to have made it to the circuit but on hols this week, and great trophy Frank, look forward to mine one day ;)

Glenn M

Supporter
Paul B - I think you're just being Cranky!

Dave B - We were there last weekend on the Saturday so just missed you.

Thanks Guys, two weekends and two wins - maybe I should quit now with an unblemished record! Well, unblemished that is as long as you forget the many not quite so successful outings! :helmet:

Glenn

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Glenn, that's a pity, it would have been possible to attend the sprint too, not that your trophy would be in any danger!:)
DaveB

Very well done Glenn, a very worthy winner, of course you have to defend that trophy at the next Brighton and Hove Club Sprint on the 2nd August, so lets get some more 40s out there and make you work for it ! and then its comes up for grabs again at the Brighton Speed Trials, where you should show us your power.

Glenn M

Supporter
Very well done Glenn, a very worthy winner, of course you have to defend that trophy at the next Brighton and Hove Club Sprint on the 2nd August, so lets get some more 40s out there and make you work for it ! and then its comes up for grabs again at the Brighton Speed Trials, where you should show us your power.

Thank you Frank, and don't worry, I'll be there. Or should I say we, as my better half is steadily bringing her times down as you know. It would be great to have some other 40's to play with, they certainly are the spectators favourite.

And I want to see Ian Catt back in the FTD spot, deal?

Glenn

Back