962 at Spa 1000km - in car with Mass

Keith

Great footage, not sure if Duke is very happy about it though! :lipsrsealed:

Second lap, Stuck (one of my favourite peddlers) gets a run on the Rothman's Porsche by going flat through Eau Rouge, and you can just hear the other guy lift slightly. He obviously didn't have the confidence in the 962 that Stuck had.

Confirmation also that the Bus Stop and Eau Rouge were far better corners then they are now...

That's an epic piece of footage and I actually cringed as the car went through Eau Rouge. No doubt one needs a very large set of attachments to drive at Spa at those speeds. I just tip my hat to them all. Spa remains my favorite track and this piece of film just amplifies why. Thanks for posting.

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Keith- I read your comments and wondered how you could tell whose engine note is was that lifted, but then you see the flames out the exhaust... Looked like he wanted to run right up the undertray!

Also of note and something I never had noticed or imagined, the cars drift and slide all over in the corners. The first couple minutes of the footage show the lead 962 or 956 sliding and drifting, and you can see the front wheels angling back and forth in the fenderwells. I have always thought that ground effects meant that these cars were quite firmly glued to the tarmac. Guess not.

Quite a handful indeed.

Chris

Keith- I read your comments and wondered how you could tell whose engine note is was that lifted, but then you see the flames out the exhaust... Looked like he wanted to run right up the undertray!

Also of note and something I never had noticed or imagined, the cars drift and slide all over in the corners. The first couple minutes of the footage show the lead 962 or 956 sliding and drifting, and you can see the front wheels angling back and forth in the fenderwells. I have always thought that ground effects meant that these cars were quite firmly glued to the tarmac. Guess not.

Quite a handful indeed.

Chris

Chris - at 1800lbs with 620 hp, you will be sliding around a lot.

Back