New 2015 Daytona Prototype

Howard Jones

Supporter
I'm really excited about the coming years in sport car racing. We may be looking at the arrival of a worldwide common formula for sport car racing. Now what to do with the P1 class? IMHO drop it and go to a FIA P2/Daytona PT joint rule package that does not include hybrid power plants. Maybe, and I say maybe allow diesels but something needs to be done to address their fuel mileage advantage.

Anyway I can't wait for the Daytona 24!

Scott Elkins talks about the TUSCC P2/Daytona Prototype replacement

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/corvette-dps-to-feature-new-c7-bodywork-in-2015/

IMSA: Class breakdown revealed through 2016 | MotorSportsTalk

http://www.imsa.com/articles/corvette-daytona-prototypes-feature-new-look-2015

Last edited:
Well,

I obviously can't comment on performance yet, but if the new cars look anything like this, I'm all for it. Very nice...while the older cars looked horrible...almost as bad as the 2014 F1 Cars....OK, worse actually.

Now, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I'd have to be royally loaded to leave a bar in one of the previous DP cars. Blech!

Here's to hoping that they are faster that the GT cars on their own merit.

I'm really excited about the coming years in sport car racing. We may be looking at the arrival of a worldwide common formula for sport car racing. Now what to do with the P1 class? IMHO drop it and go to a FIA P2/Daytona PT joint rule package that does not include hybrid power plants. Maybe, and I say maybe allow diesels but something needs to be done to address their fuel mileage advantage.

Anyway I can't wait for the Daytona 24!

Scott Elkins talks about the TUSCC P2/Daytona Prototype replacement

Corvette DPs to Feature New C7 Style Bodywork in 2015 - Sportscar365

IMSA: Class breakdown revealed through 2016 | MotorSportsTalk

IMSA | TUDOR United SportsCar Championship | Corvette Daytona Prototypes to Feature New Look in 2015

This is just for Tudor where the top class will be eventually be P2.

At Le Mans and WEC the top class will remain LMP1.

Back