Be careful

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Wow... That was pretty intense..
I have many hundreds of laps at Road America and the black car sure wasn't driving a line I ever took unless I was trying to pass a car that was on the line and was going to the inside of him..
That said, the driver of the red car did not appear to lift off the throttle and tried to continue his ilne to the inside..
Whose fault was it? Pretty well shared at the end of the day..
Driver of the red car was very fortunate to. Have walked away from that.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Certainly the red car should have back out when he saw black moving over, but that was a ridiculous move by the black car (I've never driven RA so I defer to RAndy on whether the line was appropriate or not).

Howard Jones

Supporter
The black guy was blocking the inside line to protect his position in the brake zone. What was the red guy supposed to do, disappear. Very bad driving decision/ It should get him banded from that series. IMHO

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
When I see moves like that I often wonder if the Hans device is a factor (Black Car)..

I personally don't think so but any things possible.......next question is I wonder if Hans was a factor in the driver walking away (red car)? Me thinks so.

Black car seemed to pull over very suddenly as if to block the red car, didn't catch if he looked in his wing mirror before moving over or after. I suspect he didn't realize the red car was coming up his inside or did but failed to notice he was closer than anticipated. Poor driving in my view, lead car at fault, this "blocking at all costs" driving style is not the way to race. Over here he would I suspect be hauled up in front of Race Control and given a good talking too and maybe have penalties applied.
Red car obviously was in the "tow" and there was room enough on the left or the right hand side to pass, only for him to have the door shut on him mid move.
Sporting? Fair? Not the way I ever raced or would wish to! I would have had "words" in the paddock after.

Either not watching mirrors or most likely a bad block by the black car. Had a similar block happen to me at almost the same point in a Sports 2000 race. Guy ran me halfway off into the grass. Fortunately avoided contact and speed was less. Had a spirited talk with the guy after the race.

Back