Gt40 dna

Keith

Interesting, hadn't seen this before but a very rare car:

1969 JWA Mirage M2 BRM designed by Len Terry - the rear clip seems awfully familiar!

FRONT:

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
T70ish? There are lots of cars of the era that while swoopy, just don't match the beauty of the MkI.

Keith

T70ish? There are lots of cars of the era that while swoopy, just don't match the beauty of the MkI.

Actually I think the mid section is quite ugly and it's certainly not memorable. Bearing in mind this car is contemporary with the beautiful F3L (there were a couple of guys on the forum building them - I wonder what's happened to them?) there's not much to like about this lumpen looking thing.

I was just struck with the rear clip design which is possibly carried over from the M1 and is most definitely GT40ish...

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Hi Keith, good observation, looks like someone said 'hey, let's try something like the rear clip on that GT40 over there'!
As far as beauty goes, some cars have a special beauty as you have pointed out, and the intakes look large enough to belong on a jet, but hey, I wouldn't kick her out of my garage!☺
Dave

I think this 1963 Lola has a little of the 40 DNA

Attachments

• 1963_lola_mk6_gt_3.jpg
    1963_lola_mk6_gt_3.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 337

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Not sure what that is Dave, but with the exception of the flairs over the front arches it looks more Ferrari'ish to me....

Keith

Excellent find Ian! Including the 'BBC English.'

I wonder what that engine would be worth today, even dirty....

The next generation of Supervan of course featured the DFV which in turn inspired the French Matra/Renault Espace..

Back