Track records?

Does anyone know the most current track records for replicas? And for which track? Im asking this because of what Dodge just did with the 2016 Viper ACR. It broke a ton of production car records on 13 different tracks. Here's the list:

Laguna Seca - 1:28.65
Road Atlanta - 1:26.54
Waterford Hills - 1:10.89
Nelson Ledges - 1:06.21
Motown Mile - 51.17
GingerMan Raceway - 1:31.91
Pittsburgh International Race Complex - 58.37
Grattan Raceway - 1:22.09
Virginia International Raceway - 2:40.02
Willow Springs Raceway - 1:21.24
MotorSport Ranch - 1:16.98
Buttonwillow Raceway Park - 1:47.70
Inde Motorsports Ranch - 1:33.75

Just out of curiosity, are there any "official" lap times that any replica has done at any of these tracks?

I just think it's one hell of a feat for the old Viper, which will be missed when production ends in a couple years. :cry:

The new ACR is a breast, the factory has done a stellar job of suppling a lot of down-force. The amount of adjustability on these cars is incredible too, it really allows a lot of fine tuning.

With that said, I believe all of these numbers were done with factory Kumho DOT track tires. Sticky rubber, but I don't think they are at the level of the DOT Hoosiers which the faster guys are using. If so, these times might be even more impressive with some R7's.

If anyone has some data, I too would be interested to see how a SL-C would hang with the new Viper on the track.

From the slc forum:
Raver Motorsports took their SL-C into new territory this weekend when they tripped the lap timers with a 1:49 lap at Virginia International Raceway (VIR).

This is not just a very quick time, but a new lap record as well, shattering the previous record of 1:51.5.

It's also the fastest lap on the VIR Full Course ever set for any of the NASA classes.

For perspective, it was set with a car on DOT tires, and with a relatively mild LS crate engine. More power, and real race rubber will surely yield even faster times.

So, congratulations to Raver Motorsports, Dan Raver, Agile Performance and their entire team for an incredible job, well done!

Here's a link to a lap at 1:50 on Friday, while they were sorting the new transaxle and some aero balance issues. They set the 1:49 time on Saturday, winning the Super Unlimited race, and placing first overall in the Thunder Group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu2n...ature=youtu.be

Yes, I know of that data point. This SL-C is a full race prepped car, I don't believe it's a part time street car. Regardless, comparing these times is useless since the SL-C time is on the full course, the ACR is on (one of) the grand course(s) at VIR.

Does anyone have any Raver times that can be directly compared to the ACR times posted above?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Track Records listed without the Sanctioning body and Class don't mean a heck of a lot..
Compare the track record for SCCA GT1 and SCCA SSC and you'll see a broad delta - but both are track records for classes that have strict rules.
Run-what-u-brung Class Records fall as fast as the next guy opens up his wallet...

Back