Ford GTs at Lemans TV coverage

Keith

Well, so far Fords 1,2,5 & 6 in quallie. Times are pretty close though with only a single Ferrari spoiling the party!

If the team knew they had a significant advantage and knew they were open to performance reductions by the ACO then maybe they should have sandbagged in qualifying. BUT if you give race drivers performance then, no matter what, they are inclined to use it. A good strategy might have been to wind back performance from the max allowable for qualifying and then reprogram for the race. It's not difficult with turbos and electronic control! That way ACO eyebrows would not have been raised.
In the good old days we had regs and just went racing. None of this performance balancing malarkey! What you saw is what you got.
Cheers
Roger Allen

Keith

Indeed, my sentiments exactly. Just give them the parameters and let 'em race. I hate this BOP bollocks... :thumbsdown:

Keith

Sounds like Ford is a bunch of sand bagging cheaters.

Not at all - its the darned ACO 'fiddling' with stuff to promote 'equal competition' and by so doing lay themselves open to accusations of foul play & favouritism, especially when there are Ferraris involved. :lipsrsealed:

Whoever wins GTE Pro, Ford or Ferrari this afternoon (currently looks like Ferrari), will have a slightly more optimised air restrictor, not the better car, if you get my meaning...

It ain't racing...:furious:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Re: Proud Of Ford Winning LeMans Today!

....and as I recall, the plagued 67 car wound up in the top 10 with 9th!
A very good showing from the Blue Oval and Ganassi Racing team...

Hear hear brilliant weekend for the blue oval, but you have to feel for the Toyota team they had it in the bag then the gremlins struck in the dying secs.that would have been heart breaking

kaspa
Hopefully our little friend Fran has some decent vids he will share with us shortly.

Not being pedantic but the Ford GT's won their class not the overall Le Mans win. 50 years ago Ford won Le Mans overall. When are Ford going to produce a LMP-1 car and win Le Mans overall like the 1966 victory? And yes I feel for Toyota; but Le Mans is a endrance race a race of attrition not one of outright speed the winner is the one thats there at the end.
Regards Allan

I confess I know nothing about racing but I thought this was interesting, and the response from someone even more interesting after some anti Ford pro Ferrari posts appeared.

Both the winning and runner-up cars in the GTE Pro division of the 24 Hours of Le Mans were both penalised post-race, after the Chip Ganassi Team USA and Risi Competizione teams protested each other.
The winning #68 Ford GT – driven by Dirk Muller, Joey Hand and Sebastien Bourdais – was given a 50s penalty after Risi alleged it had been speeding in a slow zone. Additionally, stewards also found that the #68’s wheel speed sensors were not working properly – and a further 20s penalty was added.
This would have handed the victory for the #82 Ferrari, driven by Giancarlo Fisichella, Toni Vilander and Mateo Malucelli.
Ganassi, meantime, had protested the Ferrari as one of its leader light panels was not working. The car had been shown a black and orange warning flag in the closing stages of the race to have this rectified, but failed to pit as instructed.
Stewards also gave this car a 20s penalty ¬– and a EUR5,000 fine.
The re-issued final result means that the #68 Ford GT wins the class by 10.2s from the #82 Ferrari.
The #69 Ford, which finished third, closes to just 4.6s behind the #82Ferrari. The top three cars were covered by 15s after 24 hours of racing.
The decision upholds Ford’s class victory 50 years on from its first Le Mans win, when it beat Ferrari for overall honours in 1966.

Biff Stenhouse14 hours ago
Contrived post-race hogwash! #82 Risi Competizione 20 seconds & $5K penalty after evading a repair that was seemingly identical to that which took #67 Ford +/- 15 minutes & cost them 3 laps? What a crock! This penalty should have been more like 20 minutes, NOT seconds! In Nascar, ignoring race control gets your scoring card pulled, yet WEC essentially screws-over the compliant team, then rewards & promotes the lawless cheaters? Nice precedent WEC!
Since the #69 Ford was only 25 seconds behind #82 & the #67 was only about 5 mins behind, after conducting the identical mandatory repair the #82 evaded... This goes as a FORD 1 - 2 - 3 in my books! No question! Thanks & congrats to Ford Performance, Chip Ganassi Racing Teams, Multimatic Motorsports & Roush Yates Engines on this epic slice of FoMoCo history!

Back