Looks like H&M MkIIs have approval for European racing

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
This info copied from the H&M website today (1/18/2018):

| Holman & Moody Mark II |

"Now with FIA Chassis type approval our new Mark IIs are being sold with
FIA vintage passports for racing in Europe."

That oughta start a new brawl!

Nothing said about Mark Is...

Cheers!

Doug

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
Holman & Moody have been building that version of the MKII for a few years now. I don't believe they built any MKI's for LeMans, so that's probably why they don't offer that version.

I've been to their shop (15 minutes from my house) several times to see the MKIIs they build. Very high quality and made to the original specs as much as they can. Jim Rose works on many of those cars in their shop. He was a mechanic for Alan Mann Racing at LeMans in the 1960's.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Jim Rose also worked for Safir Engineering in the 80's building the GT MK V's. I had the pleasure of visiting Peter Thorp in 1985 to purchase P1116 for a friend and saw Jim banging around the cars ion process at the works.

Dave,
Any idea who's buying their cars before the FIA approval? US or just the European customers?

....I've been to their shop (15 minutes from my house) several times to see the MKIIs they build. Very high quality and made to the original specs as much as they can. Jim Rose works on many of those cars in their shop. He was a mechanic for Alan Mann Racing at LeMans in the 1960's.

Back