Lola magnesium uprights - Hewland gears

Not sure if this is the right forum, but it's Lola related. (Fran, apologies if not).

I saw someone yesterday who is manufacturing magnesium Lola uprights. From what I could see they are very similar to T70 uprights. He has already sold three sets to Lola T70 owners. Not cheap but they look awesome and, after substantial race miles, are up to the job. He's also cast later Lola wheel centres for use with undrilled rims especially supplied to him by BBS for a particular project, but will consider casting other centres. Not sure if the BBS rims are generally available. I've not heard of anyone else being able to buy rims alone from them.

Finally, he's looking to keep a stock of around 90 different gears for each of the more usual Hewland gearboxes, around 1,000 in total, for serious racers to hire and interchange for race weekends depending on the track. Apparently Hewland only stock around 20 gears for older boxes (if you can get them at all) and buying them outright is very expensive. Interesting idea.

The above will be available from a new company formed from two existing concerns (vehicle restoration/scratchbuilt aluminium bodywork etc) that are moving into new premises in Staffordshire this month. If anyone's interested, let me know and I'll put you in touch.

(This is nothing do do with me but I was impressed with what I saw).

Cheers

hi rob, tell me more re the lola wheels. later type you say, what pattern ?? regards steve.

Back