Thank you..

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Guys...

I have to say thank you very much to everyone that has contributed to RCR over the last year....crew,customers and forum members alike.

Thanks for all the advise and encouragement...!!

I have been able to realise a dream of being able to build dream cars for myself and others with the same affliction...

We have had a great year and look forward to meeting more of you in 06..

Have a great New Year

Highest regards

Fran and the RCR team...

Fran-
Your vision and committment have enabled people like me, Ron and Sandy, and others after us to live a dream sought by many. We all thank you for helping us achieve that dream.

Here is to you and the RCR staff wishing you all a very Happy New Year and a most prosperous '06

Ron McCall

Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
Fran-
Your vision and committment have enabled people like me, Ron and Sandy, and others after us to live a dream sought by many. We all thank you for helping us achieve that dream.

Here is to you and the RCR staff wishing you all a very Happy New Year and a most prosperous '06

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't have said it better! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

Well done Fran!

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
Fran-

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto - Yes, ALL have a great New Year!!!

Sandy

Denis Bedford

Denis Bedford
Fran The answer is ALUMINIUM MONOCOQUE, haven't got a clue what the question is, but when I started building the DRB GT40 some ten years ago I made the chassis from square and rectangular tube (probably because I was buiding Cobras the same way) and to get the chassis torsional strength required for Australian registration I had to use a lot of steel about 300 lbs of it, the chassis was a good enough item and a lot of cars had a lot of power so the weight did not matter to much,however when I sarted building the XJ13 replica I wanted the interior to look like the original and decided to make the chassis an all aluminium monocoque. In my 40 years of car building this was by far the best thing that I had ever done, not so much as for the weight saving, although this was very substantial,but the torsional strength increase was approximately 50percent better now that is important. Now I know all this weight saving and torsional strengh is important when you hurtling down the track at 120mph but I dont do that to often. So now that I have had a few drives of the XJ13 and have to keep it clean for the owner, I have found that this magic aluminium chassis always looks terific, real easy to clean,no paint scratches,NO RUST marks and no rust happening where it cant be seen.What I am trying to say here is stay with the aluminium monocoque and the replica car world will be your oyster, and when you get over all that originality bullshit for the porsche 917 I will have one if you build it on an Aluminium chassis (aluminum where you come from) Best of Luck to you and a Happy New Year Denis

Denis Bedford

Denis Bedford
Actually I will make the chassis you just send me some of those nice curvey fibre glass bits, I am going to talk to my mate Flatchat tomorrow about the possibility of making some of those flat 12 motors--anybody interested ???

Denis, Don't be talking about them Flat 12 Cyl. Engines! I have all the projects I can handle right now. Fran keeps the fire lit with a MK4-40. My building is Full!!

Vic

Back