NOS Porsche 917 Engines FS

I've been lurking here for a while admiring the work of Fran and RCR and I was excited to hear about a 917 replica being built stateside. If it is anything like the GT40 and T70 replicas I'm sure it will be amazing. I'm really into Porsche's and I saw a post on a Porsche forum I thought anyone who likes 917s, especially anyone interested in building a 917 replica, would be interested in.

Four genuine NOS 917 engines and a 907 hillclimb engine were stolen from the Vasek Polak collection around 1999. Someone put them up in the Pelican Parts classifieds a while back but the ad quickly disappeared (asking prices were in the $100k ballpark each).Well, they've been recovered now and are for sale. This would be the ultimate engine for your 917 replica!

Go here for the whole story and pictures:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?s=128519d0e354205ef7ace03e30fc1aac&threadid=261388

Keith

Wow, that is some story. I hope the motors go to some keen 917 replica builders and we get the hear them rather than to a museum or made into coffee tables or similar.

Back