First RCR's in the UK

JayPSC

Deceased 5-24-07, RIP
On UK soil rockonsmile just stuck in customs at the moment in a mass of paperwork.
Mine is getting sent straight to Chris Melia's house as it's being displayed at this - http://www.necclassicmotorshow.com/ all being well, so some of you will get to see my new toy before I do lol.

Jay

Hi Jay,

Having been to the NEC show a number of times they tend to rope off the cars so you cannot get near them. I don't suppose if you know if interested parties will be allowed to get a closer look.

Regards

Nick

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Jay,

I have every reason to believe that you're going to be thrilled when you are able to (finally) lay a hand on your new car. Mine arrived last Sunday... and I still go out to the garage every nite just to take it all in.

Each new owner of an RCR has been extended warm wishes from members of the forum as well as a willingness to be of support. Well, Jay, it's your turn now... welcome to the RCR family!

Best,

T.

Hi Guys

firstly I wish to thank Jay for the use of his new RCR 40 for the NEC show. Please let me assure you that the RCR stand will not be roped off, we will be located in Hall 4 and within 10 ft of the GT40 Enthusiasts Club stand.

If all goes according to plan we should have two RCR cars on the stand one with bodywork and one without to show the all aluminium monocoque and suspension.

I am now the RCR Agent in the UK and anyone requiring information can contact me on 01638 510136 or e-mail me on [email protected].

I hope to see you at the show

regards

Chris Melia.

Keith

Hi there Chris, is that as well as, or instead of:

"Thruxton Sports Cars
RCR UK Distributor "

I probably missed something here....:confused:

Will be trying my darnedest to come up and seem them though :)

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Hello All..

If you recall Rick Chattell and Chris Melia were both involved in RCR.UK. after the demise of RF.
We all worked hard to take care of as many slighted GT40 folk as possible.

Rick has now embarked upon another Degree course at University
(Criminal physcology....wonder what made him decide to do that?????)
and does not have enough hours in the day to devote to his family and extended work commitments as such Chris Melia has kindly stepped up to continue with the GT40's for RCR.UK.

Rick is still taking care of his Thruxton customers and will continue to do so.

I spoke with the Customs agent this afternoon and it looks as though the cars will be released on Tuesday.

I am excited to have the cars in the UK and look forward to seeing them at the NEC.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

JayPSC

Deceased 5-24-07, RIP
Thanks guys, the wait is almost over. Won't be doing much work on it until my current contrat ends, then I'll be taking a break from work for a few months to devote 100% of my time to the build.
Fran has been amazing through this so far, made me feel completely confident in sending so much money to someone so far away & has always been on the other end of the phone any time I had any questions.
Makes a refreshing change as most of the companies I deal with nowadays have no idea what customer service is.

Jay

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Fran-

Your cell isn't taking calls, your voicemail is full, and I'd like to chat for a minute. I left my number on what seems to be your home(?) number. Give me a ring when you have a minute por favor.

Congrats on spreading the RCR empire...

Chris

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Yeah, I knew you're a busy guy but I didn't think you were THAT busy. Times must be good...

Hopefully your sales figures will soon be one better.

Thanks for the (quick) call back.

Chris

And PS - Sorry about the thread drift. Congrats to Jay, the wait's gotta be hurting now.

Last edited:
Hi guys

well, just got home with Jay's car (Black one) and pleased to report both cars are all
present and correct. The blue car belongs to Stewart Adams and looks really good on the 15" BRM's.

regards

Chris.
tel 01638 510136 For RCR UK.

Attachments

• DSC01265.JPG
    DSC01265.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 790
  • DSC01267.JPG
    DSC01267.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 796
  • DSC01288.JPG
    DSC01288.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 772
  • DSC01263.JPG
    DSC01263.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 774
  • DSC01271.JPG
    DSC01271.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 765

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Jay,
I wangled a day away from work and rode 'shotgun' with Chris Melia in picking up your car. With stops , a 9 hour journey !!
Although not one of the RCR ' brotherhood', i thoroughly enjoyed myself!
Believe me, i spent much of the journey checking on her as she rode on the trailer.
Fran, now having had a chance to inspect one of your creations at close quarters, im humbled at the sheer quality of it. The welding to the aluminium chassis is just superb. I know of at least one sports car chassis manufacturer who would love to poach your welders and relocate them !!! With a package that included loose women women thrown in on friday nights !!
On a serious note, hats off to your craftsmen Fran and Jay, i wish you an enjoyable build.

Last edited:
Chris,

I saw you on the M3 on the way home from work at around 4 ish going in the opposite direction! It's amazing how the GT40 radar kicks in when one passes. Looked good from where I was sitting. Chris, the very best of luck to you, I look forward to seeing you and the cars soon.

JayPSC

Deceased 5-24-07, RIP
Thanks to Chris & Andy for colllecting my car, made me feel a whole lot better having people that know what they are doing taking care of it. Hopefully the 17" BRMs will be available soon so I can swap the temporary Halibrands off.
I'll be up at the NEC on the Friday seeing my car for the first time :)

Jay

Back