904 in Fran's Sig?

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
Anyone else notice the "904" right under the "RCR917" in his sig? Is this something new or have I just been asleep?

Wouldn't a 904GTS be "yet another" nice toy to have........

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
So how long have you been hiding it there? We all know the best place to hide something is right under peoples' noses!

So are you going to enlighten us, or just drive us nuts with anticipation, (as usual.....)

Fran,
I noticed but since it did not say RCR904 I figured you would handle it in your own way. I would hope we can talk specifics at Carlisle this year.

Peter

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Peter ,

I changed it for you...

We certainly can.....I look forward to it.

We have an original 904 in the shop and also our replica is under construction....
We are still 6 months away from production but its a great little car and we will be able to offer TK minus packages for less than 40k usd.

As you can tell we never sleep at RCR.

The 904 would make a SWEET daily driver. Hell, we may never have to buy a 'regular' car again if Fran and the boys keep this crap up! Of course I'm a single guy with no kids .... a two seater works just fine for me thank you.

fran, you naughty boy.
thats the only other one i want.
too late to ask santa.
steve

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mesa said:
The 904 would make a SWEET daily driver. Hell, we may never have to buy a 'regular' car again if Fran and the boys keep this crap up! Of course I'm a single guy with no kids .... a two seater works just fine for me thank you.

Mesa,

I think if you were a married guy with kids a two seater would be pretty good also! In fact in that situation having a two seater would be a major advantage! :chug:

Cheers

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
My pal Derek Smith in Canada already does.....if people think the 917 is uncompromising they should look at the 962's .....the RCR-P will have that covered....wink

Hi Fran,

From reading the FAQ's on Derek's web-site, it doesn't look like Derek is very interested in selling 962 replicas or replicas in general. Am I reading that correctly or is it worth giving him a call.

Hi Fran-
I found Derek's site, that's how I know about the 962. His work is incredible. He replied to my email saying my car look great and he indicated he knew you.

Cheers

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
I have not worked on it for a while as we have been busy moving shop and the Superlites Coupe and Rodster have been selling very very well and has taken development time away from some of the newer programmes...

The SL Roadster is really going to fly out the door very shortly.....

We have two 904 bodies hanging on the wall in the shop....ready and waiting for us restart.

Well then you need to get crackin.....:D

BTW what motor will the chassis fit? A large flat 6 I hope or maybe a 928 V8........

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
sorry air or water cooled flat 4 cylinder......VW or Subaru at this point..

Although I have given serious thought to using a complete Boxster engine and transaxle.....

Would you pay more for a car that is set up to run a 6cyl....definately no V8's though...

A VW four would be more original and provide the ablity to produce a lot of power for such a light car (RCR904 Superlight?).

The Subaru would be able to supply a lot more power than the VW, 300 plus stock Si anyone? Turn up the boost and your quess is as good a as mine but this version strays away from the all Porsche thing. (Your choice, who cares.)

As for a Boxter setup, it would be all Porsche. A six cylinder 904 was built, so it would be valid as a version did exist. (Splitting hairs between water cooled and air cooled.)

Air cooled Porsche 3.2 with G50, HMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Answer to Fran's question, yes the ablity to drop in a six has value.

Back