Superlite website

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
SUPERLITECARS - 586-557-6460 superlitecars.com

We have spun off a new website that is in its infancy at the moment but will be pretty cool...quite quickly.

We have also added a forum for RCR specific questions and answers....to ease the burden on non-RCR interested folks on GT40S.COM.
I will still be on GT40's.com everyday but this way I can keep it focused.

There will also be a BLOG added very shortly for chatterboxes....:D

The main RCR website will also be getting upgrades and updates very soon....the forum will be linked to there also.

Drop by have a look and start posting......thanks

FRAN: See attached pic of "trade In" I would like to apply toward a new "ultralight" model. What do you think?

Attachments

• Brents New Car ac.jpg
    Brents New Car ac.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 888
I really like the SuperLite Roadster and the price looks reasonable. What do you think the chances are of actually registering the vehicle for road use? I think these ultralite open cockpit roadsters (i.e. Ariel Atom) are the wave of the future as we all battle with escalating fuel costs. Really like it!

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
I really like the SuperLite Roadster and the price looks reasonable. What do you think the chances are of actually registering the vehicle for road use? I think these ultralite open cockpit roadsters (i.e. Ariel Atom) are the wave of the future as we all battle with escalating fuel costs. Really like it!

+1!!!!!

Fran,

Could you possibly add some more to your suplerlight web site about the chassis. I love the car and have shown it to some more technical people than my self, some of who are a bit weary of how safe the aluminum mono chassis is compared to steel tube chassis with aluminum skin.

Could you please explain to me the differences between the designs, especially concerning rigidity and safety?

Do you have any pictures of the car with just the chassis and roll cage installed, no body?

Keith

Fran,

Could you possibly add some more to your suplerlight web site about the chassis. I love the car and have shown it to some more technical people than my self, some of who are a bit weary of how safe the aluminum mono chassis is compared to steel tube chassis with aluminum skin.

Could you please explain to me the differences between the designs, especially concerning rigidity and safety?

Do you have any pictures of the car with just the chassis and roll cage installed, no body?

Why don't they just ask Lotus about the merits of aluminum chassis?

They pioneered the use of the aluminum epoxy bonded monocoque chassis for road (and race) use...:)

The design/production process made a great TV series.....

And as far as I know, none have yet fallen apart after several years of severe abuse.....

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Dan,

SORRY but why not ask......Aston Martin, Chevrolet, Audi, Lotus,Cadillac, Ferrari, Ford, Jaguar, Lola, Mclaren,Mckee.......etc etc etc.... ..aluminum is their material of choice for high performance construction......:rolleyes:....sorry if you find this answer vague.......but I and others have covered this subject many many times.

May be its time to ask your " learned " friends why they have concerns.....maybe you should fly to my shop in an alumium Boeing and have a look for yourself... (they wouldn't happen to own tube frame Sports cars from the UK would they...???:))

The superlite is not constructed like the RCR range of replicas....

Google up a pic of a Group C style car such as a C9 Sauber Mercedes and have a look at the chassis ...then a Ford GT chassis pic...and a Ferrari 360/430 chassis pic...combine them all and you will have the Superlite Coupe chassis...enough said....

Oh and the Lotus is GLUED....imagine what people would say if RCR glued our chassis together.....the sky is falling.....:D

Last edited:
Dan,

SORRY but why not ask......Aston Martin, Chevrolet, Audi, Lotus,Cadillac, Ferrari, Ford, Jaguar, Lola, Mclaren,Mckee.......etc etc etc.... ..aluminum is their material of choice for high performance construction......:rolleyes:....sorry if you find this answer vague.......but I and others have covered this subject many many times.

May be its time to ask your " learned " friends why they have concerns.....maybe you should fly to my shop in an alumium Boeing and have a look for yourself... (they wouldn't happen to own tube frame Sports cars from the UK would they...???:))

The superlite is not constructed like the RCR range of replicas....

Google up a pic of a Group C style car such as a C9 Sauber Mercedes and have a look at the chassis ...then a Ford GT chassis pic...and a Ferrari 360/430 chassis pic...combine them all and you will have the Superlite Coupe chassis...enough said....

Oh and the Lotus is GLUED....imagine what people would say if RCR glued our chassis together.....the sky is falling.....:D

Easy now Fran. Dan is just asking a question which seems legit/normal to him - there's room in the world for many alternate opinions although obviously aluminum is used extensively in high performance applications as you point out.

Here's a question, have you ever had (or considered having) a torsional rigidity test done on your alum GT40 chassis? I have no doubt it would be very, very strong/rigid. I've found that presentation of some relevant facts, rather than opinion, can often be a way to diplomatically bridge the gap where opinions vary dramatically.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Hellothere.

I am not personally concerned/offended by Dans comments but
this has been covered ad infinitum....but I guess the search feature no longer works....

Everyone of our chassis designs undergoes very rigorous testing prior to being offered for sale....along with documented torsional tests....sometimes to destruction...!!!

Unfortunately as each and every manufacturer chooses their own way of testing...if at all.. instead of an "industry standard" there is no baseline number that would be accepted as a reference point and there will always be the issue raised of an "A is better than B" scenario...in reality "A" is different than "B"...better ...not necessarily...just different...

I have had quite a few serious inquiries from Austalia recently, due to the weak Dollar no doubt... and I am considering sending an RCR chassis over to be tested by an independant engineer to help with ADR compliance....that would certainly put some people squarely in the picture.......and open up a whole new market place...

Would you not buy a Ferrari because its not as torsionally rigid as new Mini.....(fact)...I doubt it...!!

I know for an absolute fact that my RCR40 chassis has a minimum of three times the torsional ridgidity of an original Lola Mk3b tub....and the same again in beam strength....

I guess being on the forum and being accessible to each and every member ...regardless of brand loyalty...or even ownership at all.... carries this burder of "expected" openess....oh well.

Boy...I am really looking forward to my vacation....!!

Last edited:
Thanks for you input Fran, I apologize if you thought I was putting down your car, far from it, I think it is the nicest non-main stream performance car I have seen. The look is much more modern and captivating than that certain tube framed UK car :)

And the "technical" people I spoke of are just guys that can spin a wrench a little better than me, not real experts by any means which is why I was looking to get the whole truth from the real expert that built the car! I am sure the design is of the highest standards, I am just curious about the differences between designs. We are all here on this site because we love what you are offering, just asking questions till I can afford to kick off my project. I will definitely be coming for a visit sooner than later.

But back to the website, I really would love to see some more raw shots of the superlight up there!

was trying not to name names, and am definitely not putting any one or any thing down, just stating my preference. But I was referring to what many might consider to be the SLC's main rival the GTR.

But let's get this thread back to where it should be, talking about the new RCR Superlight site! Fran, the site is great, one suggestion would be to have a page about your self and any other key members of your team with a high level history maybe talking about projects and cars you have worked on in the past.

I like the mono over the steel because the original was a mono and the aluminum is beautiful! That is pretty unscientific but there you have it. I would love to race with anyone who can tell me the difference in torsional rigidity between two cars by the way it handles. I am sure I could learn a lot. I really don't think that is a factor at all in most guys minds when they are choosing a gt40. I can't imagine anything stiffer than my RCR with the 6 point cage!

Well.....maybe that!;) (When i heard It start for the first time!)

Back