Inside Door Latch

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I think it's safe to assume so, otherwise everyone would be stuck inside their cars!

Sorry, Bill, I couldn't resist...

Not necessarily so..
What about those people that purchased a "Pre-Fab" set of releases?

I'm wondering about this as well since they apparently did not come with my car.

Randy
My understanding is, each builder is on their own. I have a design idea I'll post and we can coment on whether it's workable.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
We have done them for customers....very simple aluminum release lever mounted directly to the door striker (bearclaw) latch....no great mystery....just ask.

You can see how mine is attached to the latch in this photo:

Attachments

• IM000470.JPG
    IM000470.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 605

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Something like this? These came along with my car. Reach over the shoulder and a quick flip forward.

Jan04_012.jpg

I will have to take a couple of pictures. Mine looks like a door lock except it is 1/2" SS tube with a 3/8" SS bolt with the head turned round.
Jeff Hamilton

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Bill -

You can totally make them up. In looking at how Fran's guys made them it was much simpler then I expected. I can try to take a shot of them if you need. You can alway come by if you are in my area as well.

Sandy

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
They are attached to the pivot on the latch mechanism ...there is nothing to change ...just bolt on your lever with your preferred shape...(as each original is different)....and Bobs your Uncle...

Back