What Size AC Condenser

For my fellow RCR GT40 owners, what size is the condenser that you are using? I need to order one from Vintage Air to fit my chassis.

Thanks
Bill

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Bill - I'll go out to the shop and measure mine for you.. It's the one that Fran sells with the kit..

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Here they are from the HotRod-Air condensor

11-3/16" Tall
21-1/2" Wide (not including fittings which are on one side top and bottom)
3/4" Thick

Hope that helps Bill..

Thanks Randy

Fran
I know the RCR system is from Hot Rod Air, but I sourced my components early on from Vintage. I remember the fiasco you had with Vintage.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Bill,

its not been much better with Hot Rod AC to be honest....if AC companies were in a more competitive market place someone could come along and take over their industry....no problem.
RCR has been working for almost 10 months with HotRod to get our complete custom kits manufactured correctly and only this week have we finally been able to dot all the I's and cross the T's...
So finally we are ready to rock and roll ......rockonsmile

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Fran,
Have you ever heard of Hose Wizards in Georgia? We use them for the custom AC systems for the 2.3's we use in the SVOs & Turbo Coupes. Glen over there is kinda crazy, but he'll actually come to your shop and make sure everything works perfectly, he came all the way to Texas to help us. Kits bolt right on, everything fits perfectly, and the delivery of the kits is spot on. If you're interested in getting his info, give me a call this coming week. You need to call me anyways!!! Hehe

Laters,

Brian

Hose Wizards is right down the road from me and supplied me with my radiator. Glen is an old friend. He was the baseball coach of my sons pee wee league. He will do the work that is for sure. Good quality. I went with a local distributor of Vintage Air as Glen was a little high on the radiator(Griffin). Georgia Classics rebuilds a lot of Classics(55-57 Chevys), with a fair number shipped to Australia. They will do my A/C when the motor is fired up. They keep a lot of inventory on hand, so parts and service is not a problem.

Bill

Back