Bear Claw Door Latches

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Somehow I just pictured Fran dressed and looking like a mean Nun... :eek:

So no pictures. Nothing in the build manual. Looks like I'll have to travel 457 miles this weekend and see what has to be done to make the door latches work. Oh, what fun!!!

I'll see if I can find a picture for you. After all the work you have done, this isn't rocket science. I think if you look at Ron's or Rob's build thread you will see how they did it.

Dean-
I've looked at every RCR build so far. I found one picture of the striker bolt.

Does the latch kit come with a striker plate? Do I have to design and fabricate one that is 2" longer to facilitate the GT40 door? I have no idea what I'm dealing with.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Last edited:
You are on the right track. Mine came with my kit. Did you buy the deluxe kit? Fran has pretty much provided all the parts that I needed in my kit but like I said, I can get you some pictures when I get back to my garage. Bill P. has some pictures of his striker bolt somewhere here on the forum. I have seen it before. It is a pretty simple install. Just let me know how I can help.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
The striker bolt does not need to be modified...it needs to sit on a pedestal at the correct height in relationship to the latch....so you need to have your latch location sorted first and then determine your required length....

Or you could make a "pan" that raises the striker pin like this.

Attachments

• 100_0697.jpg
    100_0697.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 489
I made it and yes it's totaly adjustable. The pan is riveted to the rollbar and the adjustment is accomplished from the backside. I have a blockoff plate screwed on using nutplates on the back side. The hole on the right side is where you would use a socket wrench to tighten the nut on the back side.

Steve

Whatever you want, you make the pan to place the striker wherever you want it. Here is a picture of the hole on the back side for adjustment. There is a cover over it now I just don't have any current pictures.

Steve

Attachments

• GT40 pictures 63007 004.jpg
    GT40 pictures 63007 004.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 453
Back