Fender flares

Fran or anyone,
Can you identify the type of rear fenders on the attached pic? Is this a standard RCR MKI flare? If not, Fran do you make a flare like this?
Thanks,
John

Attachments

• Fenders I like.jpg
    Fenders I like.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 860

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
John,
we do an original narrow body.. or a plus 2 inch flare and a full "non-official" Oil type flare.....which is 4 inches wider per side...

Fran can make anything!

Actually, that looks like a Gulf flair like Bill D. has on his car. I have the +2" flair on my RCR and it is not that pronounced.

Bill D - what size rear tires do you have? I remember something about your rear rims being cut and widened.

Fran - Do you think the car pictured has the "full "non-official" Oil type flare"? Or is it a one off? It appears to me Bill D's rear flare turns down, and the pictured car rear fender flares out.

Is that correct, or am I missing something in the pic?
Thanks,
JB

Dave Wood

Lifetime Supporter
It may be the angle of the yellow car... it's hard for me to see any real differences. I may be mistaken, but some of the flares I believe, are added to an existing rear deck. If that's the case, it may be that the installation would account for any variations. Are Fran's, part of a complete rear shell mold or are the ones he supplies also added to an existing deck, cost effectiveness would make me think they are additions.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
We supply fender/rocker flares as an additional option,

They are an "add-on"...we sell them installed or as customer application.

Bill's car has full 4" flares and we installed them prior to delivery.

Each race team did their own interpretation of flares and rear body treatments...there is no absolute on GT40's...chassis or body....it was a long time before NASCAR and body template racing...;)

Chris Kouba

Supporter
John,

With a little patience, you can make the fiberglass look however you'd like. It takes a little time to get the feel for it but it's a forgiving medium and just about anything is possible.

With flares from Fran (or probably anyone) as a start, you should be able to achieve any look you'd like.

Chris

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Hi John,
Here are a few shots of the RCR plus 2 for reference. Sorry about the different build levels, I'm at work, so am dealing with just the pics on my work hard drive.

Attachments

• P1090038a.JPG
    P1090038a.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 636
  • P1090432.jpg
    P1090432.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 590
  • P1090089.jpg
    P1090089.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 596
  • P1090975.jpg
    P1090975.jpg