RCR GT40 For Sale

Ron McCall

Supporter
You've got to be kidding me!!!
I know that you have had a pretty bad time of it but you are so close!
You are going to let something as small as fitting the transaxle back into
your car stand between you and your dream?????
Pretty lame.

If you want this to fit, you need to use the Quick time ZF to Ford bellhousing this bellhousing will allow you to use a 157 tooth flywheel that you originally had. This, as I told you when you first had this problem, will effectively move the starter closer to the crank centerline, giving you more room. This bellhousing was made specifically for the gt40 with the bottom shaved and no starter pocket. All you would have had to do was buy the the bellhousing and install, about $375.00. Don't sell the car, just fix it!

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Bill,
you have a PM....
I will purchase the car and bring it back into the RCR factory fold....
regards

Last edited:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I just talked with Bill .....

Car is no longer for sale.

It is going back together and Bill's going to love this car like the oxygen he breathes..

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
C'mon guys, stop bickering. It's good that Randy has spoken to Bill and got him underway again.

Bills build has been very interesting and well documented and he's going to have an awesome car when its done.

Who knows what pressures there are behind the scenes! Sometime a small issue can be the straw that breaks the camels back. It is great that the guys on this forum can offer support to help people get through their difficulties.

Good luck with it Bill. I'm looking forward to seeing you driving and enjoying your creation.

All the best.

Bill, hang in there - you're so close to completing the car! The first time you drive her you'll have the biggest smile on your face and you'll be be very glad you persisted. The bellhousing thing is obviously annoying but there are a couple of suggested fixes. And, I suspect there's a forum member or two that's local to you who would be happy to spend a Saturday helping you remove and reinstall the engine/trans assembly if necessary!

Persistence pays and you've done such a nice job.

Chuck

Supporter
Bill:

Wasn't that your awesome GT in Kit Car Magazine? Looked great, but should have been a bigger picture! Hang in there. The next pic will be with the drive train installed.

Chuck

William,

The best time to hit a man,,is when he is down. I am tempted,,,,,,But I wont,,get OFF of your PHAT A$$ and finish it.

If you had listened to me from the beginning, you would not have had this much trouble. I told you to use the VW drive train (As I have done in mine),,,,

ZF stands for Zillion FUps

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
William,

The best time to hit a man,,is when he is down. I am tempted,,,,,,But I wont,,get OFF of your PHAT A$$ and finish it.

If you had listened to me from the beginning, you would not have had this much trouble. I told you to use the VW drive train (As I have done in mine),,,,

ZF stands for Zillion FUps

Falli, from your previous posts, I THOUGHT you were a man. Am I wrong?? Are you really a Baby?? Should we start referring to you as the limp noodle Sheik?:) GO OVER and give Bill what he DESERVES!

Back