brake residual valve hook up

I cannot get in touch with the company, the info link is bad on their web site, and I could not find anything on line. I am trying to hook up the residual valves. The brass fitting looks as if needs to come out and be replaced by another fitting that came with in my bag of goodies. But the brass doo-hicky is really in there and looks to be fused with some sort of goo. I don't want to force something and damage the valves. Can anyone help?

Attachments

• RPV.jpg
    RPV.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 263
Put it in a box and sit it on the shelf. You don't need them. Your resivoirs are above the calipers. I drilled mine out after one failed at a track event and my brakes work great and I drive my car pretty hard.

Easy enough. I can always add them back.

Though I would still ask if you yanked off the brass fitting when you did the install, just so I know. Thanks again.

The valve is female 1/8 NPT on both sides. You might have to find some fittings but I think Fran's kit has all the stuff you need to make it work. They will create a very hard pedal. I like a little more travel in my brake pedal for more modulation. It is a personal choice.

Keith

Lifetime Supporter
The brake hoses in my RCR kit were AN -03 female on both ends. The brass fitting in the valve must be removed and replaced with a 1/8 NPT to AN -03 (male and male) fitting that was also supplied with the kit. The 1/8 NPT side will need a very small amount of sealant (PTF tape, Swank, etc) to ensure a leak tight seal. The valves are directional so double check the flow direction...........
Keith

Back