SL-L :: SuperLite Lemans :: SL-L

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
What is the latest on this creation that you've permanently etched into the fondest corners of my memory?

It would seem that development of this exciting creation came to a halt with the advent of the SL-R and the finalization of the SL-C.

Now that the SL-R and the SL-C seem to be in a state of completion - does that mean that "perhaps" RCR might spend a little more time in taking yet another look at the SL-L ??

All the SL-L pictures in captivity (that I am aware of) are brought together below in one message. If anyone has others - please feel free to post them so we can all drool on them.. :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

and finally - one with the lovely former RCR Secretary "Casey"..
attachment.php

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Randy,

the Le Mans has been on the back burner and may stay there for a while.

Developing a roof is very expensive and not viable , OEM manufacturers spend millions on attempting to make a water tight roof and many fail miserably.

A full time open top car is the only way the Le Mans will see the light of day in the short term...

I agree with Fran on this one, having spent many thousands developing a ragtop for a different project. It looked good but was never watertight. Kept most of the rain out though. One very expensive option.

Lemans? How about a Superlite Le Mans? Just go completely topless, save for a wicker or two.

Lots of Ariel Atom owners love this.

Something like the Acura ARX-02a:

AcuraARX-02aWDWT2009-MF23.jpg

image courtesy of and c Mike Fuller, www.mulsannescorner.com

Here is the front:

AcuraARX-02aWDWT2009-MF7.jpg

or the Porsche RS Spyder LMP2:

PorscheRSSpyder-MS2.jpg

Maybe Superlite owners would love looking like Le Mans prototype! :)

Bassanio et Portia :)

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
That is way cool, I love it and think you should build it 'as is' sans roof.

Take a look at how few Ultima CanAm owners ever install the optional soft top. That said GTR's outsell CanAm's by 3:1, but there's still a market for open top and the lines of the SL-L are soooo much smoother and modern than the Ultima.

Back