MKIV First Drive

Great job!

Looking good for sure..

I get to see my car next month, it's been tough not getting to build my car like you are doing. Anyway it doesn't look like long before you will be ready to have the paint job done.

Have you found a good painter yet?

Chuck

Supporter
The neighbors coming out to see what was coming and then running at the sight / sound of the Mark IV was priceless.

Great milestone!!!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Already scaring the dickens out of the neighbors eh? :thumbsup: :stunned: :thumbsup:

Congratulations!!!! It's always special when you can drive something for the first time when you built it yourself...

BigB98

CURRENTLY BANNED
The neighbors coming out to see what was coming and then running at the sight / sound of the Mark IV was priceless.

Great milestone!!!

Couple of ~12 year old girls ready to cross the street. They saw me coming and weren't sure what to do. Pretty funny!

Randy, I told Fran in a PM earlier today that I would be terrorizing the neighborhood today...guess I was right. :laugh:

BigB98

CURRENTLY BANNED
Great job!

Looking good for sure..

I get to see my car next month, it's been tough not getting to build my car like you are doing. Anyway it doesn't look like long before you will be ready to have the paint job done.

Have you found a good painter yet?

I still have a bit of work to get done before going into the paint shop, but it's coming along. I have spent a lot of time on it over the last couple of months. Finished still seems a long way off, and I'm not holding my breath to be done this summer at this point. Painters all say 3+ months, soooo....

I'll bet you're getting excited about your ride...I know you'll end up with an amazing example given how great your Cobra turned out.

Hi Big B ( do you have a name also ?.-))
Just awsome, i like the sound of that engine. NIce turning radius as well, looked pretty comfortable, was this at full lock ?
Yeah painting. I will have mine in the paint boot in mid of june.
Athough the body is of very high quality there are a lot of time consuming design elements on this cars. A lot of corners, edges , inlets , curves ( Just sanding the recesses of the plexiglass´s takes a lot of time to do it correct. After fillering the car i have spent roughly 20 h of block sanding now and i´m 2/3´s done.

Color choice. I have seen J7 in Boulder. THis color is realy stricking. If you send me your email adress i could forward about 40 pics of this car to you.

TOM

BigB98

CURRENTLY BANNED
Ron, most definately.....Strange really. There's a lot to building a car like this. More than I expected and certainly takes longer than I plan for just about everything. It'll get done eventually though. Looking forward to that day!

Tom, I forgot to answer your question about turning radius. I don't think I had the wheel pegged....Turning radius seemed quite acceptable to me.

BigB98

CURRENTLY BANNED
Pat & Fran, thanks. Hit a wall (figuratively) tonight....Went out into the garage to do some work...spent 5 minutes and walked back indoors. Lazy! Anyone want to finish her up for me? :)

Back