I did it! I did it! Its on Order!

marc

Lifetime Supporter
YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!
After 32 years of dreaming, 22 years of saving, 2 years of waiting, I have finally hit the BUY button. 1 Red Ford Beater has been ordered! Fran is franticily (get it FRANtic:rolleyes:) building day and night to meet my deadline (yeah, right!). So now I am supposed to wait patiently, idle, passive, relaxed, cool, composed? BS! After this long I think I am ready to bust a move! :pepper: (NNNOOO!)

Okay, I got that out of my system. Heres the starting point.

PFour (I hate fords, won't own one, nice to look at others but not for me)
Roll Cage ( I better NOT!)
12" Rear wheels ( wider is better)
Furrari wheels (Fs go with Fs)
RED RED RED!
I tried to get it to fit me on either side but Fran said no (sorry honey, I can't teach you to drive it,:thumbsup:)
LS7 !!!!(Stock, but not for long!)
and a bunch of other stuff I cant remember.

I will be doing a build doc when I get it. While waiting, I am prepping the garage for the build, adding 2 more bays, getting a 4 post lift (deal at SEMA). I have my other projects I gotta get done too. I have a Mazda Miata I converted to all electric (racer setup), a Caddy CTS-V with some serious hopups (fogger Nitrous!) and SSSSHHHHHH! a C5 Corvette Super Gas tube frame job (Don't tell my wife!)

BTW Guys, Thank you all. I have been lurking and posting here for a while and you have all contributed to helping me decide on what to do and who is the best. Comments and Critics have made for great choice. Oh yeah! Fran, stop reading this and get back to WORK!:poke:HA! HA!

To those of you who were in my shoes I know you will one day get one too. Cheers to you for keeping your dream alive!

Marc Blum

Hi Marc,
congratulations to you!! :2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup:

I hope you have the next 32 years a lot of fun with your '40

Hans Joerg :cool:

Great news Marc! I had a hard time choosing between the P-4 and the SL-C.
Years ago had one of the last Noble P-4's never finished it, had to let it go and regretted it ever since.

Hi Marc, congrats on the purchase of your "beater" Fran makes a super nice product, and I pesonally wouldn't call it a "beater" but to each his own. Hopefully, he gave you a deal on it.

Just kidding you - congratulations. You're going to really enjoy the ride!

Mark,

Grapevine eh......Cam is fairly close by and I'm a little further away (as Cam will attest). Both of us have SL-Cs in build stage. Welcome! The P4 was very intriguing but I finally decided on the SL-C. What are your plans for the LS-7? Mine is on the way to my engine builder for cam, rockers, springs, and a little head work but I'll probably keep the bottom end as is (unless the builder chooses to do some work) except for probably an ARE pan. I'll start with the TB setup but an ITB intake like Jay's Kinsler unit would be nice.

If you are looking for a local engine builder, PM me for my guru's info.

Best,

Doc Kaler

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Another Texas guy. How friggin' cool!! Congrats on the purchase. I'm actually in Brownwood, so I'm about 3-4 hrs from Dallas proper. We all need to set up a little meet once your cars get running. Maybe over at Motorsport Ranch in Cresson? I have some contacts over there.

Be sure to post lots of pics and a build thread sir!!!

Laters,

Brian

Marc, Congrats on the purchase sure to bring months of excitment around the garage. i'm about 10 miles away from you up 2499. maybe we can tilt a beer in teh near future. where are racing that Miata? Have you found a way to get that P4 on TMS?

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks agaih to you all. I just moved up from El Paso, TX and prior to that San Diego, CA. I had lost my house and belongings to a wild fire in '07 (I was to buy the RCR in Feb before that happened). It has taken 2 years to get my shtuff back together (living in RVs, dealn with the Insurance guys, finding a house), and now that I have got that done, here we go! The miata is a pretty cool deal, Picasa Web Albums - Marc , is the basic pictures of the build some a little goofy but I was doing it for my dad. Anyway, I have taken it down the dragstrip at 17.1 sec top speed of 83mph. I have not gotten on the solo track yet but my baby has shoes! It will be an interesting runner. 16 batteries, 1000amp speed control, direct drive, touchscreen monitor with realtime data capture, and some other bells and whistles to make it go. I can plug into any socket and charge it. 55 miles at freeway speeds, Looking to get from the company I work for some healthier batteries (lithium Iron) and drop a two speed in it. but that ain't a P4.

I look forward to hooking up with my fellow DFWers and Texans. BTW I got this Margarita Machine that needs testing any takers?

Marc

marc

Lifetime Supporter
What to do with an LS-7????? I will have to think about that. The gas car (corvette) is going to get a twin turbo LSX on down the line so I was looking at the HP/weight deal and am waiting for my transaxle choice before we get silly. I am leaning on keeping it stock and just pretty it up a little. This way I may be able drive it on the street with tags an all. I was planning on relocating the coils, modding the valve covers and splash some red on it. I may put a NX Express fogger on it just for the (wait for it) gas of it. I have one on my caddie and you should here the OH SH*TS when you open the hood.

Marc

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
As for what to do with the engine, I'd probably go with a decent build on it. Ported heads, cam, etc. I have heard from some Corvette guys that the stock titanium rods are the weak point, if that makes any sense. LOL For the transaxle, I'd get the ol' Ricardo that Fran is putting in the SL-C. You'll have fantastic streetability out of a setup like that with great highway mileage (if that even matters). Maybe go ahead and go twin turbo on it. Can't hurt! Running a Big Stuff II Engine Management Unit would probably run that engine perfectly and you won't be out a sh*t ton of cash for it. Very easy to tune. Have you thought about a Ferrari engine in that thing? Maybe grab a TR flat 12 and keep the center of gravity low and have 12 ITB's sticking up. I think it'd be siiiick. You should be able to find TR drivetrains on Ebay or whatnot.

Anyway, hope to see it soon!!

Back