porsche carrera gt motor

available on ebay, starting bid is 50k. Great pictures, includes transmission/transaxle.

I am not involved in this, but would make a lovely, but expensive, motor for an SLC or even an RCR 917.

I don't know how to link it. I found it in Ebay Motors, parts & accessories, searched on porsche motor. narrowed down the search to complete engines and up it popped.

Attachments

• 332384000_tp.jpg
    332384000_tp.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 563
Jim, it's for the Carrera GT. Yes, most definitely a street car.

Fitment issues aside, there's no way you're going to get enough cooling for that beast in a 917 body. No way. You can't even get enough airflow for an AC condenser, much less that beast. Man, I wish, though. Hell, an SLC would be cool, though.

--Donnie

That would be awesome! :thumbsup:

However, how many LSx 600bhp engines could you get for $50k? :sad:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
It was a NO-SALE at 50k - but has been re-listed at the same price again.

However, how many LSx 600bhp engines could you get for $50k?

This is a very good point. I would think it would be for bragging rights, esthetics or just the sound of that V10 over that of the V8. Quite a price to pay though...

I was at a track day last year where there was a Porsche Carrera and it sounded like a Formula 1 car - very high pitched - and it was pretty fast too, unlike most super cars at track days which are very much slower than our Radical, which of course is a pure race car (but only 1500 cc).

Chris

I have to say I love the carrera GT V10, its my favourite sounding engine.
YouTube - White Gemballa Mirage GT

Before looking at a GT40 I also considered an Ultima with a V10. I wanted to fit a BMW M6 engine and but after speaking to a guy at a company called Auto Bionics was put off due to the complexity of fitting such as modern engine with all the electronics.

Auto Bionics are doing a cracking job getting their V10 in the Ultima though, can't wait to see the finished car.
..:: Project ABV10 - PART6::..

I have to say I love the carrera GT V10, its my favourite sounding engine.
YouTube - White Gemballa Mirage GT

Before looking at a GT40 I also considered an Ultima with a V10. I wanted to fit a BMW M6 engine and but after speaking to a guy at a company called Auto Bionics was put off due to the complexity of fitting such as modern engine with all the electronics.

Auto Bionics are doing a cracking job getting their V10 in the Ultima though, can't wait to see the finished car.
..:: Project ABV10 - PART6::..

Why not combine it with a standalone ECU that is much simpler and at least allows you tuning etc? If you are on a budget you could even go with a Megasquirt.

Why not combine it with a standalone ECU that is much simpler and at least allows you tuning etc? If you are on a budget you could even go with a Megasquirt.

I quite liked the idea of having the full BMW engine management, SMG box, idrive and of course the 'M button' that changes the power output of the engine :)

Anyway got my GT40 to look forward to now and a much simpler 302 V8

Trev

Back