Allen English RCR40 Turn Key Build

Well we are in Detroit this weekend (January 2010) and we had a very nice visit with Fran Hall today. Fran came in on his day off to meet with us and finalize the details on our turn key RCR40 build. I have to say that our car has turned out to be exactly the car we envisioned. and in fact exceeded our expectations. Fran has done this car right and we look forward to getting it to its new home in Oregon. Updates and travel log to be added in the future here......

Fran - RCR crew ...... Thank you! Job well done
! Dean I wanted to also thank you, you also helped out with some very critical details on our car. :thumbsup:

Fran has shown us some real cool stuff that are in the plans for the SL-C and another project (Super Car) that I expect will be reveled in the near future.

We I hope you enjoy the pictures and the slide show. More to come after the car arrives.

Later today we went to the Detroit Auto Show and tomorrow we will check out the Henry Ford Museum. More detailed pictures and a home coming video to come.

Race-Car-Replicas 2010 slideshow by A_English - Photobucket

Last edited:
Thanks for the great photos. Your car looks awesome (so does the SLC). Congratulations and have fun with it when it arrives - even though you may have to wait until the weather turns a bit nicer/warmer in OR until you get to fully enjoy it.

Congratulations on seeing your pride and joy completed! Now you'll be counting the days till it's in the garage like a nervous father-to-be.

Oooh, very sharp looking. :thumbsup:

It's a shame though you didn't get to enjoy the thrill of the build yourself :sad:

Oooh, very sharp looking. :thumbsup:

It's a shame though you didn't get to enjoy the thrill of the build yourself :sad:

I'm not sure I would have enjoyed the build since I didn't have a car to drive while building. RCR did a super job with the car and exceeded my expectations with the quality. I do want to get an SL-C and build it my self some day. I am looking forward to seeing the new rear design in the works at the shop now.

Eric and A.J. thanks. I can hardly wait for the car to be in my garage.

Very nice car. Nice color, too. All of these reports of people picking up their new cars really gets me to itchin'.

Eric

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Allen,

Great to see you guys again...always a pleasure.

You made some great choices with your car...

Allowing us to make the changes needed to give you the RCR40 of your dreams has worked out very well I think...

I look forward to visiting you when you have her on the road and you are tearing up your Cobra pals..

Allen,

Great to see you guys again...always a pleasure.

You made some great choices with your car...

Allowing us to make the changes needed to give you the RCR40 of your dreams has worked out very well I think...

I look forward to visiting you when you have her on the road and you are tearing up your Cobra pals..

Fran - Thank you for really listening to what we really wanted in this car, and making our dream car come true. It's obvious that you take a sincere pride in your cars. The little details you made sure the car was built with made a huge impact on the way it turned out and we are very grateful.

Looking forward to have you out in this part of the country - The Historic Races.

Grrrrrr.... this thread really pisses me off.

"Oh, I want to have a hand in building my car" WTF was I thinking?

<muttering while banging head on wall> I should have gone turn-key.

Beautiful car, enjoy! I am going to go soak my aching mellon.

Chin up J. - you'll get there! (not that I haven't had the same thought once or twice along the way!)

Beautiful car Allen!

Grrrrrr.... this thread really pisses me off.

"Oh, I want to have a hand in building my car" WTF was I thinking?

<muttering while banging head on wall> I should have gone turn-key.

Beautiful car, enjoy! I am going to go soak my aching mellon.

I have missed the build process, but it is nice being able to come home from work and not telling my wife that I plan to spend the evening working on my car. Instead I can relax knowing the car is being taken care of by professionals.

I envy you guys that have taken on the task to build your own replicas. From what I have read here on the forum it's no pick-nick.

Well I don't have our car home yet, but I have already entered it in the Portland Roadster Show. This is one of my two favorite events that we have in Oregon every year. My other favorite event is the Portland Historic Races, which we will be entering - more to come on that later.

I am getting very anxious as our car should be shipping out West soon. Fran's crew has been finishing up some final details for us before it leaves the nest. :thumbsup:

One more teaser pic below. Better detailed pic's to come once the car is home - WE CAN'T WAIT! :pepper:

PRS2010FLYER_800px.jpg

Last edited:

BigB98

CURRENTLY BANNED
Can't wait to see it, Allen. I'm going to the Portland Historics this year (maybe my GT will be ready by then) with our without the Cobra or MKIV, so I'll get to see you down there!

Hi Brent,

I'm looking forward to seeing your car too. I sure do like the MK IV and if I was born rich in stead of good looking I would have one of them as well :laugh:

Got a walk around video to post.Not the greatest, I had hopes for one with a completed interior, but I will have that later for you. Consider this a test run, and expect to see much better pictures and video's to come I promise. I have been holding back until the car arrives to post better detailed work from RCR. The RCR crew has really done some nice things to the car I want to point out. Here is a teaser...

BTW - I am looking at purchasing a new video camera and wondered if anyone here had experiance with the Canon Vixia HF200 HD Flash Memory Camcorder? How is $449 for a purchase price as well?

Next post will have the video......:thumbsup:

Back