Ricardo Shifter Throw

To all with a Ricardo set up -

I am trying to identify the throw sweep (and therefore the clearance room needed) of the shifter fore/aft and side/side. I don't have cables to actually connect them to the gearbox so I can't do this for myself.

What is the sweep measured at the top of the shifter lever without the shifter knob in place?
Or if you have a knob already there - what is the weep measured at the base of the knob (where the jamb nut contacts the bottom of knob).

J, Fran and Tim are the only guys that come to mind that can respond...as I don't think anyone else have connected Ricardos (?).

Thanks Guys!

Hi Mesa -

Are you using the B&M quick-shifter from Fran/FORD? shortens the throw quite a bit and beautifully made.

I do not have access to the car at the moment but may be able to check tomorrow, however as I recall, the fore aft movement was something like 100mm at the nut. (need to check to be sure)

I do remember that the engagement of reverse required quite a hard push to the side and was quite a movement in itself.

Paul,
The SLC I have has the BM shifter as you mention. Your input already has helped as it served to make me aware that the reverse position is a unique throw all on its own.

Thank you

PS: Of course there are other RCRs with Ricardos in them other than those I suggested could respond. I just don't know who they are or how to contact them.

Paul if you have opportunity please report on the throw of the reverse position as well. Also where is reverse in the pattern?

Thanks again

Hi Rob,

I don't have my Ricardo and shifter in the shop yet, but here is a photo from Ford Racing of the shift knob (with pattern):

Attachments

• M-7213-GT-2T.jpg
    M-7213-GT-2T.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 266
Sorry Mesa - I missed the opportunity to check today as I was called elsewhere.

re Reverse though - I do remember it was a larger gap across the gate from the 1-2 position to Reverse, than the 1-2 position to 3-4 position. I hope that made sense.. and as per the pic above, it's hard left and forward.

This one is on a GTD as it happens, I'm sure Fran could confirm the details too.

All,
If anyone can fully answer the question, I could still use the help.
Also, if anybody has the shifter cables I need to get some measurements from the end that connects to the shifter assy (bosses, retaining nut sizes ect...).

THANKS!

Rob, I'm not sure which cables are used for the Ricardo, but I have the shifter and cables for the Brantwood system that I could measure up for you.

Back