Its Here!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Congratulations Marc!

Looks like you've got quite a project there!

Looking forward to a Build Log!!! :)

Okay, Marc

The $64,000 dollar question...

What power plant will motor that down the road? A little something from out of Italy?

Congrats,
Howard

marc

Lifetime Supporter
As soon as I get the garage cleaned up, Pictures pictures pictures.

Howard, I could tease you with a red head DOHC, but alas, I've gone bowtie. almost double the cubes of the original. I am going with the LS-7 427ci with a GT3 Porsche Transaxle.

As soon as I get the garage cleaned up, Pictures pictures pictures.

Howard, I could tease you with a red head DOHC, but alas, I've gone bowtie. almost double the cubes of the original. I am going with the LS-7 427ci with a GT3 Porsche Transaxle.

Nice - do you havy concerns about the g50.X not being able to handle the V8's torque?

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Alex I think the Audis would work well too, you just have to not shock the transmission by hard launches, poor shifting and general stupid stuff. Fran recommended the tranny and gave me a good deal on it.
as for Enzo... Its like most of these heads of companies, aim the bullets at them and let the engineers and designers make the magic. if not we still all have model Ts.

Besides Enzo and Ford are up there (or more realistically down there!) fighting over who made more, won more, and ripped off more!
Tifosi be damed.

Porsche GT3 = G96/90 ( i think) has a 9" ring and pinion ( same size as on G50/50) compared to a 7,5" ring and pinion on standard G50´s ( 01, 02, 03, 04, 05)
It is a little short ratioed for standard V8´s (GT3 is turning up to 8000 RPM) but with the LS seven going to 7000 RPM it is perfect. I have the gear ratio chart at home and will post it tonight. Nice thing is that they already have sideshifting, thus lenghtwise they fit.

TOM

Back