SLC caster/camber/toe

I want to check and do a rough set of my c/c/t before I put the front splitter in place. Any ideas what numbers I should do shooting for? (and also rear ones while I'm at it ... I want to try out my fancy new digital Longacre gauge)

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Fran could give you real world numbers for street and track.

Me - I'd shoot for close to 6 degrees positive caster and 1 degree negative camber and zero toe in.

That oughta be pretty close....

Alex,

What size adapter did you get? I have the digital Longacre as well but it looks like I need a 2.5" diameter adapter?

Those sound like good starting numbers.

I just got the standard digital magnetic adapter (just ordered it a few days ago to replace my Fastrax - getting tied of using him and having him fall off the wheel all the time, etc....). I don't see any point in getting the thread-on adapter type since the front doesn't have any spindle hub to thread onto. Hopefully he fits; if not, going to have to figure out how to machien an adapter for him probably.

Alex,

I believe the standard magnetic adapter is 2.75" which is 1/4" too large in diameter to fit the hub (I tried mine). I was hoping you had a different, smaller diameter one. I guess we can make a ferrous disc similar to our spacers to bolt to the outside of the wheel.

When I receive it I'll measure it and let you know. Probably will be the same as yours.....I wonder if we beg and pled with Longacre if they'd make a few smaller adapters for us? :D

Installed my front splitter today - I have my control arms centered in their mounts and didn't see how modifying caster/camber slightly would effect the installation of the front splitter.

The spyder section looked pretty square and straight to me, and the last thing I want to do is play with it (given all the holes are already centered & tapped into the frame - not like I can move them over or anything, lol!), so I crossed my fingers that it was all okie dokie (reasonable gamble since everybody I've talked to so far is happy with how theirs was installed from the factory), checked the front clip mounting, seemed good, centered and installed the splitter

Ground clearance ... we don't have it :laugh:

gc1.jpg

Right now I'm holding it in with #6 screws and nuts. I think I'll use #8s, rivnuts into the aluminum panel, and then copy Howard's cool mounting idea for adding the extra supports.

Alex,

What size adapter did you get? I have the digital Longacre as well but it looks like I need a 2.5" diameter adapter?

Those sound like good starting numbers.

Incase any of you guys are reading this and also trying to use a digital Longacre gauge, me and a CNC friend are trying to machine an adapter for it. Probably only be doing this once. If you're interested, let me know and we can split costs (right now it's just me and Doc) if we can make something.

So far looks like it's got to be a 2.5'' magnetic base that shafts down to a 2.15 (maybe 2.2) diameter shaft, with a recessed cup for the longacre gauge to sit flush in.

May not be possible, but I'm damn sure gona try because I don't want to go back to my Fastrax! (And somehow I've managed to do better home alignments than any fancy-smancy machine has done)

Back