20hrs later and

I've finally finished my front clip/diffuser, muahaha. (I work slowly :uneasy: )

split1.jpg

split2.jpg

split3.jpg

With no latch in place (i.e., body just sitting there on the diffuser) it almost sits perfectly even on the guide pins - off on the rear by about 1/8'' or so. No biggie, especially since the weight is all front heavy, so it just needs a gentle nudge to push him down even, then pin him in place.

split4.jpg

Unless I've missed something, I don't think it's possible to just take off the front clip with this method - all 6 rod ends have to be loosened to allow slack to remove the clip (I suppose, with all 6 tightened, you could draggggg the front clip across the diffuser, but I don't like that idea!)

I know me copying Howard isn't exactly the most exciting idea in the world, but don't you guys want to up your posts counts atleast :laugh:

How'd you mount the the brackets on the splitter from the underside?

Post count +1

Same as Howard :laugh:

1/8'' aluminum wherever a bolt goes through the splitter. For example, here's my aluminum underside brackets where it goes through into the radiator aluminum (all connections are held in with #8 rivnuts)

dif3.jpg

dif6.jpg

So basically the mounting tabs on the underside have a , roughly, 1/8'' AL, 2''x2'' base.

Back