Off to see Fran on the 22nd.

Hopefully, I will get an education in supercars from Fran the Man!! I will be taking lots of pics and probably get in the way of a couple of things. Should be fun!!!

Ok guys, for awhile I was trying to make the SL-C a Hydercar. but as Fran pointed out to me why do something that already out there, So i'm revamping my plans. and going to discuss some things about a new supercar build.

Here is my question to my forum family.

1. What would you want in your supercar? Example: More leg room and maybe more headroom but keeeping the car between 40 and 45 inches in height.

2. A very nice interior with all the creature comforts? Sorry my racer guys but there will be a version for you guys..

Anything else guys just let them fly.. your input is very important to me..

Hi Tony, I'm sure you will enjoy your visit!

Aside from the obvious (engine/gearbox combinations), Ease of entry & exit from the LOW car. The SL-C chassis provides plenty of leg & headroom unless you're 6'-5", and that can be dealt with too. I was thinking of ease for the ladies.

A full production car interior, A/C, heat, etc. are easily done by Fran's crew.
Various electronic options such as GPS, rear view camers & display, etc.

Building my SL-C to close to this spec now. Jewelery, you know!

Others please expound as you will...

Last edited:
1 - Taking the SLC, but longer (not interior, but length of car) by 15''. Lower by 5''. Wider by 15''. Atleast 1500hp, 2000-2200curb weight.

2 - No interior. No radio. No nothing. Just bare aluminum.

Alex - marketforce of 1 due to his love of the impractical.

Alex, one thing I really like about the SL-C is the short overhangs. Do you want a 4 seater (snicker)!

Well, guys I was thinking about making the SL-C my companies first supercar. But the guys in Boston (Rapier) are already doing this with the SL-C. So fran kinda talked me out of it..
So I will probably design something nice and use the chassis of the SL-C and cover it with a newer body. I hired some designers to come up with some things and once approve the design then I will give it to Fran to make it happen.
So as for input of what you guys would want in a supercar i was very serious about that information.
i know that if I'm going to enter this market i have to make a hellova impression to have any kind of longivity and compete with the other big boys. I'm working on a couple of utility patents that you guys may like that i'm bring from the aviation world.
SO GUYS START FIRING AWAY AT WHAT YOU WOULD WANT IN A SUPERCAR.
OH YEA THE LADIES GOTTA WANNA RIDE IN IT..

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Well, guys I was thinking about making the SL-C my companies first supercar...

What car(s) / products does your company market currently?

More information is better - don't you think?

Tony C,
I believe that Fran & comp. can come up with something that will have you drooling...

Fran ALWAYS has something in his mind...

Currently we are a tuner shop and we are so new, that we have very few clients. but we are growing and our name is starting to grow in our area. But at the same time I don't wanna get over taken with tuning. Because being the next Pagani Zonda is my dream..

my plans for the car are to have a tri fuel configuration, e85, race gas and pump
3 performance modes that you can choose on the fly, traction control, paddle shifter and slap/bump shifter
full touch screen eletronics, keyless start and an unbelievable HP engine and trans. oh and it has to be able to fit my big ass in it for a long drive.
I can't realt talk about the patent stuff yet because it hasnt been submitted yet but it will be very trick and functional..

Hopefully you have $$$$ for backing - [pretty hard to just up and say 'I want to build hyper cars to compete with Zonda' if you havn't proven yourself like RUF

Fit and finish at least equal to others in the same market segment/price range, some roll down windows (or ones that can be removed and stored in the car similar to the roof on a Koenigsegg), and if ambitious, throw in a V-10 or 12.

Tony C,
I believe that Fran & comp. can come up with something that will have you drooling...

Fran ALWAYS has something in his mind...

I know Fran always has something going on So i'm going to see what he has going on..

as for $$$$$ backing I'm doing all this info gathering and drawing/designs are to get back backing. you just cant walk up to someone and say "HEY, I WANNA BUILD A SUPERCAR, GIMME SOME MONEY!!!"

as for $$$$$ backing I'm doing all this info gathering and drawing/designs are to get back backing. you just cant walk up to someone and say "HEY, I WANNA BUILD A SUPERCAR, GIMME SOME MONEY!!!"

Well, it never hurts to try to ask (demand) for money :D

I just meant it from the perspective that you arn't an established shop like RUF, Gemballa, etc... yet, so as an investor, why would I give you money to build cars simply based on some drawings? Cottage industry, especially in the auotmotive fields, is a very tough sell.

Well, it never hurts to try to ask (demand) for money :D

I just meant it from the perspective that you arn't an established shop like RUF, Gemballa, etc... yet, so as an investor, why would I give you money to build cars simply based on some drawings? Cottage industry, especially in the auotmotive fields, is a very tough sell.

You would be investing in the technology (patents and future biz) of my company. You will make money as an investor because of the market we are in, we are solving a problem with the supercar world of some of the height and gerth problems with end users. You will also have a performance vehicle that is unlike anything performance and tech wise (<<everyone says this) offered. No we do not have the pedigree of ferrari, or tuner pedigree like AMG, Ruf or the others but we have to start somewhere.

Plus there is a equity share for investing in my company that is quite good. We have to start somewhere, as all of our past larger companies.. hopefully what we have to offer will give us a chance to do so..

Way to keep me on my game EFN... lol

You've probably gone through the 860+ posts in the "RCR's Next Car Should Be" thread and can tell tastes in cars vary widely! As Jack mentioned, the quality of the fitment and materials, bespoke interior small parts, etc. make a big difference in the overall impression as much as the exterior design. Simple, clean, uncluttered, no gimmicks, straight double-stitching etc. are easy on the eyes and make you want to stay in the cockpit and drive for miles. Seats with above average support for "touring", with a lowered door sill height may make entry for the ladies less awkward.

My "Almond-sized" creative brain limits my ability to make suggestions for exterior design......But, I guess carrying over the idea of simplicity of lines, no gimmicks, rings true as well. Less angular, more subtle curved lines gets your blood boiling as if you're meeting a supermodel for a blind date.

Have fun and I hope you can come up with a great design.

You would be investing in the technology (patents and future biz) of my company. You will make money as an investor because of the market we are in, we are solving a problem with the supercar world of some of the height and gerth problems with end users. You will also have a performance vehicle that is unlike anything performance and tech wise (<<everyone says this) offered. No we do not have the pedigree of ferrari, or tuner pedigree like AMG, Ruf or the others but we have to start somewhere.

Plus there is a equity share for investing in my company that is quite good. We have to start somewhere, as all of our past larger companies.. hopefully what we have to offer will give us a chance to do so..

Way to keep me on my game EFN... lol

It might help to have a (few) vehicles under your belt though - after having being burnt, a lot less people are willing to invest in just ideas these days. They want to see solid meat and bones.

In terms of the height/girth issue, is that really an issue? Basketball, football players, etc.... have no problems fitting in them (with some minor mods) it would seem. Heck, got some fatties driving LP640s with plenty of room to spare on youtube

YouTube - Lamborghini LP640 WITH POLICE LIGHTS AND SIREN!!!

Just trying to keep you thinking of potential issues :)

Thanks EFN. Coming from the aviation field and doing alot of muscle cars and now some newer stuff my rep is very good. as for the RAW ALUMINUM, you read my mind and that is a plan for one of the interiors on one of the models.

I'm talking 30+ years of building airccraft and helicopters and pouring it into this project. i want the end user to get what he paid for and more.

Plus i hate poorly done interiors. its the details that make or break a car..

Back